• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kris112

Kris112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

I talked with my neurologist who originally prescribed me cymbalta for migraines. I was asking him about possibly take Prozac to help ease the withdrawal symptoms& he didn't like the idea since then I'd be on something else my body would have to withdrawal from. He said a simple way to help ease these symptoms is raising your serotonin levels. One easy way to do is simply exercising! I HATE exercising but I found since I've been on my elliptical for about 30-45 mins a day, I feel sooo much better! I am on day 11 of stopping and I was still having brain zaps, dizziness, nausea, vertigo, and my entire body ached! There are other ways to raise your serotonin too...you can just google it. Good luck to everyone!!! This is so hard to do but I know we'll get through this!!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Kris 112, good to here you are having some success despite the withdrawal. Yes, the exercise does help. It actually only raises serotonin slightly (which does help the withdrawal for some) but causes the release of considerable endorphins ( a feel good chemical).For many of us who suffer from severe clinical anxiety we took Cymbalta NOT because it was an ssri but because it was an snri (serum noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor) which reduced our adrenaline production. Raising serotonin in such a case (where serotonin levels are already normal) can greatly increase the anxiety. I am not actually disagreeing with you but simply pointing out how complex this issue can be.

I really hope you hang in there and see daylight soon. It takes a few weeks but you can get there!!

#3 Kris112

Kris112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Good point! Guess my doc suggested this for me bc I was taking cymbalta for another reason. Exercising seems to help the anxiety tat I am feeling from cymbalta withdrawal. This med is nasty!!

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

A hearty amen to that!  Not just the withdrawal but all the side effects. Hang in there, it does get better.

#5 tdgregory

tdgregory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

melatonin at night helps to naturally raise serotonin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users