• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Coldturkeying

Coldturkeying

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    To learn more about this terrible drug, Can't believe what I'm reading! this has been so helpful. People should be informed, let's get Cymbalta off the market and the t.v. . .

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks to everyone who has posted here and to those who maintain this Forum. It has been lifesaving.

I'm convinced cold turkey is best for me because weaning is prolonging the inevitable.

Does the omega 3,6,9 produce nausea or has it just been a coincidence and I would have gotten nausea anyway?

Dietary supplements, lots of water, no alcohol, good nutrition and some exercise are all vital. As are the family and friend support plus time to rest when necessary. I couldn't imagine working outside the home with this. Activity is important but no added stress seems more so right now.

I do believe doctors should warn you about the gravity of withdrawal from this drug. I am feeling very angry about this point. Damn, that's what we go to doctors for!

Was it worth taking the Cymbalta in the first place ? Still can't answer that.

Have been taking 60mg a day for about 7 years for Chronic Salmonellosis. Have lived in southern Mexico for the last 36 years. True, I didn't get sick as much or as violently. Will it come back? If it does I will have the gall bladder removed which is where the bacteria hibernates. Or so they say...

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hi Coldturkeying

Nausea is a common side effect both of taking Cymbalta and stopping it. I have never had any nausea from taking any of the omega's although if you took too much at once I guess it would be possible.

Cymbalta for Chronic Salmonellosis? I could not find any info suggestting it for treatment. Seems like a strange med to treat it with. I think if it was me I would get the gall bladder removed anyway as even if you don't get sick, you are a carrier.  

Let us know how you are doing.

Take care

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Good to hear from you Lady Nancy. Now you have heard of it! lol Omega 3 causes me to heave about 30 minutes after taking it. They have a new prescription one out that the doctor wanted me to try. I don't remember the name but he was excited as it is enteric coated and causes less stomach irritation. Didn't work. But there again you now me... I seem to be sensitive to everything. lol  Did you here the latest on Omega 3? It has been confirmed that with routine use it contributes to prostate cancer. They think that may be one of the reasons that prostate cancer is on the rise over the last 10 to 15 years. WOW You never know what they are going to find out next.

#4 Coldturkeying

Coldturkeying

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    To learn more about this terrible drug, Can't believe what I'm reading! this has been so helpful. People should be informed, let's get Cymbalta off the market and the t.v. . .

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi Coldturkeying

Nausea is a common side effect both of taking Cymbalta and stopping it. I have never had any nausea from taking any of the omega's although if you took too much at once I guess it would be possible.

Cymbalta for Chronic Salmonellosis? I could not find any info suggestting it for treatment. Seems like a strange med to treat it with. I think if it was me I would get the gall bladder removed anyway as even if you don't get sick, you are a carrier.  

Let us know how you are doing.

Take care

Thanks for posting. Not taking too much of the omegas but just not sure now what's happening.

My doctor, who I hold in high regard (except for on the cymbalta) recommended cymbalta for more than a year as I always said no. I don't have any other illness that I take meds for unless I have something acute. After a bad bout of salmonella I said ok; I wasn't into the surgery option either. He said it was working for so many afflictions and they couldn't understand how it worked but it was worth the try for me.

Not looking forward going back to salmonellosis but one day at a time for now.

Will keep you posted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users