• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scaredstr8

Scaredstr8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Looking for guidance? About a 2 months ago doc switched me from cymbalta to Prozac, He suggested a slow titration off the cymbalta and onto Prozac. Ill try to give a timeline and I really would appreciate any help
Week 1 120mg -> 90 mg cymbalta - introduced 40 mg of Prozac - I don't remember anything horrible. I actually remember having some hope about the Prozac because I felt better.
Week 2 90 mg cymbalta - 80 mg Prozac
Week 3 90 mg cymbalta -> 60 mg cymbalta - cont 80 mg Prozac.
Week 4 same doses- quit my job of 9 years (good thing ...but scary and out of character)
Week 5 60 mg cymbalta - 80 Prozac. Due to job loss insurance is canceling & I decide I'll quit the 60 mg cold turkey since I'm home for detox
Cold Turkey for about 5 days. Experienced all the fun w/d symptoms. Started looking around online because I felt so deathly ill, like I had completely lost my mind and gotten the flu. Finally after finding a coupon and 1000 tears later I decide I have to get 30 mg caps.
I feel immediate relief after a 30 mg and decide ill stay @ 30 for a bit.
Week 6-7 despite the bit of relief with the first couple 30 mg caps I found myself still miserable. Excessive sweating, panic, horrible paranoia, confusion, daze, nausea, horrible dizziness, heavy fog, total lack of energy. The worst seems to be at night. Im so tired, but if I tried to doze Jumping, sinking feelings, confusion when I wake up to the point of delusional.
Week 8 im desperate - I decide I have either totally lost it or there is still a cymbalta problem. I start taking another 30 mg capsule in the a.m., so back to 60 mg daily. That was 3 days ago. In the very beginning I felt good for a couple hours. Now I'm back to all the above. Plus ad skin crawling and borderline hallucinations. I'm up in the middle of the night scared to death. I'm still taking the same mg Prozac throughout. Can't go back to the doc as my ins has lapsed since I left my job? What to do??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users