• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hopeful2013

Hopeful2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hello.  I want to get off Cymbalta and find a more natural way to deal with depression/anxiety.  Are all of you doing this on your own?  No doctor involved? 

Thanks

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

It varies for us DustyQ. By the way welcome to the site. Some of us have doctors with more than 3 brain cells so they can help and other doctors couldn't screw in a lightbulb. Finding a psychiatrist that is competent can be real tough.

#3 Hopeful2013

Hopeful2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for your answer.   :)

#4 CLTURPIN

CLTURPIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • why_joining:
    I had severe reactions after having purposely missed 5 days of Cymbalta while preparing for a nerve sensory test on my spine and legs. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache,extreme irritability, abdominal pain, almost passing out, insomnia........I was so sick I just wanted to die and get it over with.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

I take Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia. I was scheduled for a nerve study so I quit taking all the meds that could possibly interfere with the study. I stopped Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lortab, Zanaflex. This was approximately 5 days prior to the actual testing. I went through several nightmarish days and nights of unstoppable nausea, abdominal pain, headache, blurred vision, dizziness, sweats and feelings of passing out, insomnia, diarrhea, excessive irritability, unable to process any type of rational thinking, unable to drive, unable to read, wearing my glasses made me want to vomit, head spinning, strange and new sounds in my ears, increased volume in the tinnitis I already have in one ear This was EVERY  minute of EVERY day that started on Day 2 after stopping the Cymbalta. It was a living HELL! I could do nothing to make myself feel better. I thought at first I had a virus but I ran no fever and the symptoms only got worse. My family members questioned me about possible medication reactions and then it dawned on me to check that out. I was so sick that I was unable to read on the computer or read anything for that matter. I started my medications back the day after the study and after taking 3 doses of the Cymbalta, I am feeling much MUCH better. My dosage is 60 mg daily. Soooooo, I checked out this web site since it was suggested to me by my "better half" and he said in his opinion that Cymbalta is a dangerous drug. I now will have to agree with him. Funny...........I had an appointment with the  Rheumatolgist that prescribed the drug for me, but I got so aggravated and sick sitting in the waiting room that I had to just get up and leave. I was sweating, ready to vomit, light headed, dizzy, severe headache..........sounds of the TV and the people talking irritated the hell out of me. There was a 4 year old child there that was doing what normal 4 year olds do.............and I just wanted to kill him with my bare hands. On the way home, I wanted to vomit so badly I had to throw groceries out of the plastic bag and hold it under my throat for fear I would hurl at any second. When I got home, I literally threw the groceries on the floor board of our vehicle out into the carport. Literally threw them. I could not get in bed fast enough. I took some Phenergan that I had and it did absolutely nothing for the nausea I felt that day. I could not sleep. I just wanted to die and get it over with. And so that is my reflection on missing doses of Cymbalta. No one ever told me the reactions would be so severe. I too, now believe this to be a very dangerous drug and I want off of it!!!!! But how??????? I will have to  reschedule my appointment now that I just up and left, but I have hope he will be able to help me get off this drug. I never EVER want those feelings again. Never!!!! They are worse than worse. Dread truly dread! My heartfelt sympathies to all who have endured the evils of this medication. Sincerely!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users