• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arrhakeen

arrhakeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

This is my first post but I have been on this site many times....My story...generalized depression and anxiety. Two years ago I began cognitive therapy but also went to an MD Psych. I was put on cymbalta and ended up on 60 mg for about 2 years supplimenting with xanax if needed...whole .25 mg worked fine!!! The dreams were wild and I could handle them....just very vivid. I also suffered the sweats....geez...thought I was going through menopause!! My Therapist is not into drugs unless they will help with therapy....cymbalta helped so that I could talk and work through some things. I was getting better managing stress so we discussed me coming off of the cymbalta. I must note though that I knew I would have withdrawls as I ran out once and by the 3rd day I was begging to be shot in the head with a shot gun!! A few times when I missed a dose, I suffered so much that it was effecting my work also!! That's when I found this site and read a lot. I told the MD this so we started adding prozac and decreasing the cymbalta. Interesting though....I started having severe anger...my dreams turned into bashing peoples faces in...and that is soooo not me!!! I forget now what the MD had me do....but anyway I finally got totally off of the cymbalta and was taking 40mg prozac....I was not managing my stress well...everything just started to fall apart.... I was taking more xanax just to make it through the day without loosing it!! I understand that your brain needs to relearn once removing the cymbalta but I think 2 months off of it and having upped the prozac and taking 2mg xanax xr twice a day would help.... I should have adjusted...Something in the Cymbalta balanced me better. I am out of work because of the withdrawls (med leave). I am now starting back on the cymbalta. Just don't know what to do.....I have to get back to work. I am not happy about this as I have read so much bad...but it did help me... I had tried other drugs also but Cymbalta had done the best.....still just not happy I'm going back on it....maybe they will come up with something safer down the road....to make the withdrawls not as bad or that works better than Cymbalta without all the bad crap.....Again, I feel I have no choice as it has effected my job, so I have to go back on it.....has anyone else gone back on? did I just not wait long enough??? I was having the shakes with the prozac when in nervous mostly but was getting the shakes more and more...I wish I had the time and leave from work to go totally clean and try to manage from a clean brain....

arrhakeen

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Arrhakeen:

You have to do what works for you. The rest of us don't really know what is best for you. If you feel that you get help with Cymbalta, you must make that choice. This world is a tough place. If Cymbalta helps you get through, with little or no side effects, do what works. One thing that makes most of us really nervous is, we post here to help folks trying to handle the bad withdrawal. Some people don't go through what we have. Some people get through just fine. When we post our stories of agony, we scare folks that Cymbalta helps. That is not our purpose.

I will tell you, anger and anxiety issues are withdrawal issues that others have reported. When I withdrew, I was an emotional yo yo. I'd get amazingly angry. And the vivid dreams during withdrawal were very disturbing for me. It took a couple of months. I did not supplement with a low dose of Prozac or another anti-depressant.

Talk more with your MD and make the decision that is best for you and your situation. If you can get to work, be happy, be healthy, enjoy...you gotta do that. And of course, this forum is always here for you; on or off Cymbalta. You are one of us and have a great story that will help other people. We all get through this place in different ways. :)

Best of wishes....Houdi

#3 arrhakeen

arrhakeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

Houdi,

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I knew when I read the posts that everyone is different in their reactions to this or any drug....there's always good and bad!!!

I do not want to be on meds the rest of my life but will go back on and maybe research along with the MD other ways to get away from this drug. It's been so long though that I wonder if it damaged me .... was I that bad prior to the Cymbalta.... apparently so for my therapist to recommend me to go to the MD.

I also think that MD's and Therapists should communicate with each other....this is going along with "cymbalta in the news" MD's just giving drugs and no real talk time....Insurance sucks and I am spending a lot of money to go to both so I wonder if they communicated if my time of recovery would be quicker....

I have read some posts on here that were not against Cymbalta....again....it worked for me but I think I will keep a journal this time cuz I think it does change me....not sure how to explain....but it helped me function.....yes, I also had to learn to not forget to take my pill!!! The Dr's do need to inform patients of the possible withdrawls and that even an hour difference can bring on symptoms!!!

arrhakeen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users