• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lynnsot

lynnsot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I was only on Cymbalta since July this year and stopped taking it this past Friday 9/6.  I know I know Cold turkey. But it was horrible I got put on it for major depression and anxiety well it helped with depression but did nothing for my anxiety.  I have been off it for 5 days and horrrible withdrawals.  I didn't think it would be this bad since I was on it such a short period of time.  I feel like I am drugged/drunk very dizzy and my eyes are soo heavy feeling and a lot more symptoms very vivid dreams, my husband said i've been getting up in the middle of night kicking and yelling at him to move (which I don't remember) and lots more......  How long will the withdrawals symptoms last?!  I am very active 28 y.o.f and I drink tons of water (no more coffee or pop after my anxiety got worse this year).  Need some help from others who have gone through this!!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Normal withdrawal with a slow taper last arounf 4 to 8 weeks. Rare cases up to several months (but like I say 'rare0'. With cold turkey I would say it would probably last a good 3 months. That is about the best guess I can give you. But one thing I have learned, it varies alot. The withdrawal symptoms usually start a ssllooowww improvement around week 3 or 4. I wish you the best and a lot of patience. Let us know if three is anything we can do for you.

#3 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hi lynnsot. I too went cold turkey last Friday. I have been on Cymbalta for 8 years. The dizzy feeling and stinging seem to be the worst symptoms for me. Every few minutes I feel a tiny bee like sting somewhere in my body. It's weird. Have you experienced this? And, today I woke up itching. This isn't going to be a very pleasant experience for us, I can already tell. However, we will be so much better off at the end of this journey. We CAN do this! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users