9 replies to this topic

#1 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta and other Psych medications, Withdrawals, bad reactions and natural supplements.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hi, I just stopped Cymbalta this is my 3thrd day without it. I have been ok. This morning day 3, I was dizzy, I have been nauseous all day and had diarrhea when I ate earlier, but not tonight. I took a nap earlier.

I am very scared and don't know what to do. So far my symptoms are mild. But from what I am reading should I go back to my last dose and start bead counting from there? I live by myself with my dog and cat. I have no one here to pull me back into reality. I need to be able to do it myself.

Here is my story. I have been on Cymbalta for many years. I think about 6. I was doing great on it. It really helped my fibro and was ok for my moods. I am Bi polar. So I am usually taking it with other meds for my mood. We had to keep increasing my dose to take the fibro pain away. I went from not being able to get out of bed for days to pretty functional. This stuff feels like a miracle to me for many, many years. It doesn't really help with my moods, but the pain it does.  I maxed out many years ago at 120mg.

Almost 2 years ago now I was also on Abilify. I was on a high dose of that 90mg. Like everything else I have to constantly increase my doses because they don't work anymore.  It stopped helping my moods so I went off slowly. I was on 90mg. I went off it the right way. 2 days completely off.  Full blown Restless Leg Syndrome. Within 6 months after that High blood pressure and fast pulse 10 months severe GERD and the past 7 months very bad fluid retention in my legs. My sodium levels are the bottom of normal. It's not that. The Andrew Lessman Cirulation was helping that at first, but like everything I have, it just keeps getting worse. I am on a diaretic for that now. It is helping.

I never experienced any of these things before going off the Abilify. I said to my Pdoc what was Abilify  treating in my brain that isn't being treated now to cause this severe RLS. At this time I knew of none of these other things that were coming. Just the RLS. He told me Dopamine. He wouldn't put me back on the Abilify in fear of it being the cause of the RLS. He told me to go on RLS meds.  Requip

One Nuerologist wouldn't even see me. They don't treat RLS. Give me a break, right! My Fibro doctor put me on a low dose of Requip a decision made with my pdoc until I found a neurologist to treat me. I found one that would, without a long wait to see him.

My body felt and still feels like electrical shocks in my legs and arms worse at night, but also during the day. My body jumps off the bed or the chair. Whatever I am on. My muscles try to fight the jumping and they begin to ache badly. I get nasty charlie horses in my legs and toes and feet. We were constantly increasing the Requip as everything else I have to take. I had to go on 2mg 4 times a day in a short period of time. I was to the point I was needing a 5th dose a day. It was getting so bad so quick and I was very scared.

My bipolar might be bad and my fibro. But nothing is as bad as this RLS to me. It literally makes me insane.

I had an MRI, I am constantly tested for diabetes, Iron, Potassium and there is something else can't remember that is associated with RLS. Nothing, All my levels are perfect. No one in my family as far as I know has RLS. My grandfather maybe, but only one aunt remembers him having something with his legs. No one else in the family does. He had lots of other medical problems and could have easily had undiagnosed fibro.

My Neurologist said Abilify treats Dopamine in a totally opposite way then Requip. So he does not understand why that helped or covered it up. He doesn't think Abilify had anything to do with it. He thinks it is a coincidence in timing. I was 44 the right age for RLS. The RLS kept getting worse and worse. I did lots of research. I am the research queen these days.

I read about Andrew Lessman Cirulation and Vein Support has helped people with Restless leg. After trying some cheaper things that didn't work. I went on his. Well from pushing needing 5 pills a day of Requip. I need 2-3. 3 if I need to take a nap. Unbelievable difference in a short amount of time. A week, I saw a difference. So I started trying his brain Supplements. I am in general. feeling a whole lot better.

I was on Lamcital with the Cymbalta. But it makes me spend money and I was getting into trouble. I tried the brain supplements while on the Lamictal and had a terrible reaction. So I started weaning off the Lamicatl at half the dose. 50mg I was able to try the supplements again and I felt really good & no spending money I do not have.

I weaned off Lamicatal totally. The right way. Like I do any medication. Now my fibro is much better. Everything is much better being on all these Natural supplements. The spending has totally stopped and most of my fibro pains. So I decided to try cutting back on the Cymbalta. I did 90, then 60 to 30. Then 30mg to nothing.  The reason I wanted to go totally off is because I have never been able to decrease it before. I wanted to go off and see if it was causing the RLS.

Today I felt sick. I knew it must be withdrawals as I have gone thru them coming off other meds before. There has been so many meds with the Cymbalta over the years and before the Cymbalta.

I looked it up and I am horrified of what I have been reading. I am petrified. My side effects are very mild 3 days completely off.  I took a Benadryl like someone suggested and my nausea has gone away. I am volatile as I have been crying reading this stuff and so scared. I am easily agitated today. But that is to be expected going off any mood stabilizer. 

I don't know what I should do? Do I take a low dose so I don't wake up wacked out? Do I wait and see what tomorrow brings? I am completely convinced after reading all this stuff. That I do not have RLS. These electrical shocks are what I get & it's severe. I can't even imagine them in my head. I feel so bad for all of you going through these horrible pains. I do not have a headache or anything. Right now after the Benadryl a few hours ago I feel totally fine. It’s taking me a long time to write this and I am going back re- reading and adding things and I am still feeling good. I am thanking my lucky stars. But as I see that can change in an instant.

The entire time Cymbalta has been helping my fibro. In May I started taking Andrew Lessman Supplements mostly for the nervous system. My pdoc isn't into supplements and doesn't know I am doing any of this. He is not going to be a happy camper to say the least. But I am here now at this point and not sure what to do. I am thinking wait and see what tomorrow brings. Andrew's stuff has gotten me this far maybe it can carry me thru this. Here is the list of his things I am on. I will warn you they are very very expensive. The difference since May has been incredible. I never believed or was into any of the natural stuff. Since May, I am Firm believer!

There is more things I want to try of Andrews, but don't have the money to yet. I only buy when he is on HSN because he makes everything on sale and no shipping. He is on 4 times a year. He is coming up again on Oct 5th. Some things I tried the last time he was on in July I need to reorder because they are working really well. I am saving up to get his Omega 3's in January. I just read tonight how they will help thru the withdrawals so I am taking store bought ones for now starting tomorrow. I might be finding away to get Andrews pretty quick as you do not burp up any of his supplements and they do not cause your stomach upset. It sounds like I might be in for a very rocky road ahead.

By the way I went from needing surgery for my esophagus to almost completely off meds in 6 months. That I have to attribute to Sweet Sunnah Black seed oil I get off Amazon. Andrews supplements with that Black Seed oil is keeping my esophagus healed. The Black Seed oil did the healing though. I take the oil straight up in a spoon with honey so it doesn't burn going down. Now I am on the oil gel caps. But when I have the Exorcist throw up from the acid. Nothing stops it in it's tracks like the straight up black seed oil with honey.

I take extra potassium Walmart sells. Helps my charlie horses. Even though my levels are not low at all. These are a huge help. I also take cinnamon from Walmart and starting tomorrow Fish Omega's from there.

Here is my list of Andrews products.

Astaxanthin - Is a powerful antioxidant & anti inflammatory

Calcium Magnesium Intensive Care as I read Magnesium is very helpful with RLS & general calming.

Circulation and Vein support for the RLS This stuff is a miracle.

Essential 1 daily vitamin

Glucosamine Sulfate 1500 for joints/working on my Fibro

Liver Anti-Oxidants trying to flush out the meds

Getting the Kidney one next week. NAC-500 N-Acetyl Cysteine

Memory & Brain with Acetyl L-Carnitine Brain -Unbelievable difference

Phosphatidyl Serine - PS Benefits- Unbelievable difference. Really helps calm me

Aloe Vera 200mg for my GERD

Digest Assure for my GERD

Friendly Flora I am going to try the Ultimate he sells the regular one is not really helping my IBS.

I have tried these things and they didn't help me. Urgent Energy, I fell asleep, Nightime- Very bad reaction. I was on Lamictal at the time and it scared me so bad I have not given this one a try again. The Co -Q10's didn't seem to make a difference, but I will be trying again when I have extra money. Valerian didn't do anything for me either.

I want to be clear, I am not trying to get anyone to try any of this. I am giving you back ground and if anyone is familiar with these products and thinks I might just be able to get thru these withdrawals with what I am on. Please let me know. I am scared to death to wake up totally out of it or in such pain I can't do anything to help myself.

It took a long time and a lot of thought to write this. I still feel fine. So I am going to see what happens tomorrow. If anyone has any other suggestions, tips. Please let me know. I am very scared of what could be. I have been on a very high dose for so many years. I had all intentions on going back on the Cymbalta if it wasn’t causing my RLS. After reading this site and many others. There is no way I will ever go back on this or any other medication in it’s class. I will do the bead count down if I need too to get off it. I am praying these supplements are going to get me thru it. Then I will talk to my doctor about something low dose for the fibro and mood stabilizer. That does not cause any of this horrific stuff you have gone thru.  I am praying these brain supplements retrained my brain and will keep it on the right path without the Cymbalta raring it's ugly head. Wish me luck! Please say lots of prayers for me, too.

Has anyone found that they really don't have RLS after being off this stuff?

#2 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta and other Psych medications, Withdrawals, bad reactions and natural supplements.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Upate Day 4. I had a stomach ache when I got up, but feel ok now. I feel a little funny. Not quite right. I feel tired. Still mild Withdrawls. I am thanking god and praying it stays this way.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Gigi, Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who has few withdrawal symptoms. I hope so. Keep us posted.

#4 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMA
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

I hope so fishinghat. Do you know if the bad withdrawals start right away? I was never able to be late on taking the Cymbalta without feeling sick to my stomach. But with the Supplements I was able to wean off quickly and still so far just very mild. Pretty much I am really tired.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

It varies a lot Gigi. I have read nearly all the posts on here over the last 6 months. I would say most people who go cold turkey Cymbalta has a half life of 12 hours so usually within 2 or 3 days the withdrawal starts getting really bad. But I have actually meet people who have went cold turkey and never had a symptom more than just feeling a little grungy. The medical research says that between 19% and 31% (depending on which research you read) have withdrawal symptoms and around 80% don't even go through withdrawal!!! I hope you are one of the 80%!!

#6 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMA
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Thank you Fishinghat, I looked up the other SSRI drugs that can cause these horrible withdrawals and I have been on 7 others in the list of them and I never got withdrawals going off or after. I was on Celexa, Effxor and Lexapro for many years. Zoloft, Paxil and Prozac for about a year each. I have been very lucky.

The things that I supposedly shouldn't  have withdrawals from I have had bad ones. Like Adderall I was on it a week. I felt great. All of a sudden I was so sick. I could barely stand, I lost 9lbs in a week. I couldn't even get out of bed. I was about to go to the hospital when the symptoms started to calm down. My doctor thought it was just crazy that I would have a withdrawal on such a low dose never mind how bad it was.

I went to go off  Flerxil. I can take 1-3 a day. I was fine taking which ever amount I needed that day. I didn't really need it anymore. So I went from 1 to off.  So sick for a week. I took 1 pill and totally fine within an hour. I am still on that 1 a day. That is something I need to still tackle going off. I need to do that when I know I can handle doing that again. This is obviously not a good time.

Seraquel. Holly Crap. I was hallucinating. I took 1. I was told to take 2. I just kept telling myself this can't be real. It's not real. Almost called the ambulance things were spinning so bad and the hallucinations. It was an actual Hospital Pdoc that put me on that. I had a bad reaction to Lithium also.

Ambien I was making complete meals, cooking, cleaning up and everything in the middle of the night and the only reason I knew was because of the packages in the trash. I was on 20mg of that for many years. I take Lorazapam to sleep. That might change with being off the Cymbalta. I have started and stopped that many times over the years.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and she is sick today with exactly what I was sick with yesterday. I was with her last Thursday. So I am really thinking now I have dodged a bullet with  Cymbalta. I will keep in touch. I am so grateful for all the information and support there is now.  I will never go on these kinds of meds again. I don't take illegal drugs for a reason. I don't want to be addicted to anything including prescribed medications.

I am praying for all of you, that you feel better. That this hasn’t caused any permanent damage to any of you. My heart goes out to everyone. I can't stand the thought of anyone Suffering. Especially when you are just trying to get help with something you have wrong in the first place.

I will let you know if the RLS, high blood pressure, fast pulse, GERD, swelling legs and feet, and recently about 4 months my left eye which is weak because there is a nerve that doesn’t fire right in it. I was born with that problem. Keeps closing when I get tired. My eye doctor said it’s dry eye. I said no it isn’t. My eyes are not dry. I tried eye drops anyways. They didn’t work. Curious to see if this is just the latest new symptom that maybe from Cymbalta. I might just have a poor genetic makeup. From what I have been reading. I am really convinced this Cymbalta has a lot to do with my problems. Something happened when I went off the Abilify. Things have not been right since.

I totally believe these supplements are helping me. I know they are expensive. Andrew Lessman will be on HSN The first weekend and the second weekend of October and even if you don’t buy anything. Just listen to him. Why he quit medical school and became a bio- chemist. And all the free valuable information you can get from this man. His high quality supplements have changed my life. His knowledge he shares is incredible. He decided not to be a doctor because medicine is a band aide. Most medications work against your body’s natural way. He believes in healing by working with your own body’s tools. You might be able to find things to help you for less money by using the knowledge he shares.

If you have bad acid reflux or GERD. Contact me. I will tell you exactly how I take the Sweet Sunnah Black Seed oil. Also known as Black Cumin Oil. The cheapest place to get it. How to take it without upsetting your stomach or burning your throat. Trust me. This stuff is gross, but It is incredible and was even written about in the bible. This also helps dry mouth. I would not take it just for that though.  I would take the capsules, but not the oil straight up with honey for dry mouth. Pure Organic Honey is also a very healing natural remedy. As long as you are not allergic to bee’s. I have learned a lot since May. If I can help anyone with what I learned. I am very willing to share.

Thank you again Fishinghat for being there for me. I was very, very scared. You really have helped me more then you know. Gigi

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Gigi. You just hang in there girl.

#8 Ape

Ape

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thank you for the information

#9 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMA
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I am on day 5. Other then not getting good sleep I think I am doing ok. I cry easy. I am going to be looking for something mild to use for that. Not sure if there is anything natural out there or not. I have a touch of the flu. Thought that was withdrawals at first, but my friend I was around Thursday has had the same thing I had for one day. She is on day 2 of the flu. She has not changed any meds. So I am pretty sure it was flu for me.

I used to sleep pretty sound on Cymbalta and I am not anymore being off it. I have read on here it stores in the fat cells. I am going to be calling Andrew Lessman and seeing what kind of stuff can help clean that out. You don't get to talk to him, but the people that work for him are awesome! If they don't have an answer they will get one from him and they will call you back. When I find something out I am going to post it here. They won't recommend to take anything for a particular medical issue, but they will tell you what products do what you are looking for them to do and what won't. I will keep you updated.

#10 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMA
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi, Day 6. Still not getting much sleep. Still want to cry and get cranky easy. I called Andrew Lessman's office today. They don't have anything that can cleanse out of the fat cells. So that is a no go. I don't feel good for a short while after eating. I usually over eat. I made sure the last 2 times not too. I get a slight headache which also goes away in a little while. Not sure if it's related to the Cymbalta or not.

I am still doing good. But I need some sleep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users