• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SoulOfLeaves

SoulOfLeaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I took Cymbalta for five months and stopped about a little over a week ago because of money issues.  I dream things that would make "disturbing" a gross understatement. Babies being raped, children killing each other,  animals eating excrement and vomiting into desiccated corpses.  And my 15 month old son constantly bleeding.  I'm tortured and can smell rot when I wake up.  They're vivid and the sense memory and imagery doesn't go away for hours after I awake.  I close my eyes and see things, like staring at a bright picture and then turning away with the image still singed onto your eyes.  It makes it difficult to differentiate between reality and night terrors.  And then there are the shocks, the dizziness, the lack of hunger, and the recurring memories of attempted suicide.

The worst part about the ordeal is that I can't deal with it on my own.  My roommate (and the mother of my child) yells at me for being worthless and lazy, exacerbating the situation.  I don't want to leave because my child is the only solace I have.  It doesn't matter that he doesn't understand what's going on because he doesn't need to.  He doesn't try to relate it to something in his short life unlike adults who have that need.  And I feel comfortable and normal around him.

I know this too shall pass, but I've already wrecked a car and my roommate/ partner has already been advised to kick me out of the house.  This seems like the worst thing to do to someone with such a severe problem but trying to convince someone otherwise is a pointless endeavor.  I'm tired.  I'm stuck.  And I don't know what to do.

#2 Bowdoctor

Bowdoctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

My Doctor will give me Cymbalta for FREE when I have no money for it...... just ask.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

It will be almost impossible to come off the Cymbalta successfully unless you are in a position to do so. That means family support, friends support and feeling strong enough to handle it. This "partner', if he can't see how you are clearly, you don't need him around. Sorry to say. Bowdoctor has a point. Free Cymbalta is available. You can either go back on it or get some and go through the bead counting method to get off the Cymbalta with a lot less withdrawal.

#4 SoulOfLeaves

SoulOfLeaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

What is bean counting?  And I can get samples free but it's sparingly and it's difficult to get an appointment since I go to a clinic.  Allie (my roommate) doesn't purposefully act malicious, she doesn't doesn't understand mental illness. 

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Whether she means it or not this is going to be a tough road.

Bead counting is simple. Open your cymbalta pill you are about to take and remove 5 of the small beads inside. Take the pill. The next day open the pill and remove 10 beads. The next day 15, etc  This provides for a slow even withdrawal. If at anytime the withdrawal gets too bad then just go back up 5 beads and wait to you stabilize. Then start reducing your dose again. DO NOT DO WHAT SOME DRS RECOMMEND, EVERY OTHER DAY METHOD> Example; take 30 on one day and none the next day then 30 mg again. Cymbalta had a half life of 12 hours. Each time you take a 30 you are just booting you blood levels way up there and repeating your withdrawal over and over. 

#6 SoulOfLeaves

SoulOfLeaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

I wish I had known about this before.  By the time of my appointment it will have been over two weeks and I'm hoping the night terrors and dizziness and apathy/crying spells are over by then.  My child is enough to keep me from being suicidal anymore but my main concern is losing him because his mother wants me gone.  I'm lazy and can't leave the house or be around other people (other than my baby).  I know I haven't posed a question or asked for advice.  I just feel slightly hopeless.

#7 jdhibbard

jdhibbard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

SoulOfLeaves, mental illness is a very real thing. A lot of people don't understand this. People think that it's something in your head you can just "shut off" whenever you feel like it. But we all know that it's not that easy. Some folks are uncomfortable with things that they don't understand. You can't help what is happening to you, and it's definitely not your fault. Do not be ashamed. It sounds to me like you need support from your loved one and she's not giving it to you. Have you guys ever thought about couple's counseling? It's just a thought, but it might give you the support that you need and help her to understand a little better what your going through. A lot of churches offer counseling at no cost to you. Fishinghat is right, it takes a good support team to beat this and your going to need all the help and support that you can get. If I can help you in anyway, just let me know. Your among friends here. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users