• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lefo

lefo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

I had withdrawal effects when I went from 60/day to 20/day in a little over a month.  Then, I discovered the bead counting method, after my doctor prescribed going down to 20 mg every other day.  So, instead, with my doctor's consent (but not advisement), I am bead counting instead of doing the 20 every other day.  Today, I am at 20 mg minus 45 beads.

Questions:

• How many beads are there in a 20 mg capsule? 
  • If things seem to be getting better, as far as withdrawal effects, can I go down 10 beads/day?

I had a terrible migraine yesterday, but it was the first since I was in the hospital and they were messing with my other meds (got home Sept 19).  Is migraine a withdrawal symptom?  I do have problems with them, but yesterday was worse than ones I've had recently.  I've also weaned of topomax which was supposed to help my migraines, so I don't know if that's why.

Anyway, thanks for your support.  I'm glad I found this site.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Lefo, welcome to the site.

As far as how many beads in a capsule...well I have read most of the previous posts and it seems to vary from 180 to 540!! What a variation.

As far as going down 10 beadfs a day....If you feel that things are going well enough, sure. You will know in a few days if that is too fast. It doesn't take long to get dialed in. Just listen to your body.

Keep us posted on how you do and if you have any questions just let us know.

#3 lefo

lefo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thanks so much! 

Just curious ~ why would the capsules be so different?  I thought Cymbalta was all brand name and they all the capsules are the same, meaning the 20 mg capsules are the all same as each other.  Maybe I'm wrong about there not being a generic.  Thanks for sharing your wealth of information. 

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

There isn't a generic until the patent expires in Dec.  Not all Cymbalta is made by Eli Lilly. Some (a lot) of pharmacies purchase there drugs from over seas. Isreal for example has a large pharmaceutical industry as well. These foreign drugs are much cheaper (and poorer quality).

#5 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hi lefo

I had terrible headaches while tapering off but I also had other side effects as well.

I would rather suspect that it is the combination of tapering off and not taking the topomax.

I took topomax for awhile for my migraines a few years ago and I know when I stopped it seemed that I had to watch out for migraine triggers as I got one rather easily for awhile.

I used L-theanine (suntheanine) 200mg in the morning which helped with the headaches alot. It is available at most health supplement stores.

Take care

fishinghat - here's me posting after you again lol

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Always good to see you on line Nancy. Then know you are alive and kicking!! Keep up the good fight girl.

#7 jenjim2021

jenjim2021

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I have had TERRIBLE headaches. Especially temple pain and now pain behind my ears. I originally took it for chronic tension headaches so this is just making a bad situation worse. I bought L-Theanine today based on suggestions from this site. Might be worth a try. I'm also taking Omega 3 fish oil multi times a day as well as they say it helps stave off the brain zaps. Good luck! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users