4 replies to this topic

#1 rjh

rjh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hi Everyone

I want to thank everyone who have shared their stories and stuggles on this site. I found the site when I was wondering wether to stop the cymbalta . I have been on 60mg for years! Long enough that I dont remember when I started exactly. 

Everyone's posts helped me decide that the best thing I could do for myself was get off the stuff.

I talked to my GP this week and told her I wanted to stop the cymbalta. She prescribed 30 mg for two weeks then stopping.  I am going to try the 30mg for a week or two and if I have no major problems I am then going to do the bead count slow taper.

Wish me luck! I am praying that I am one of the truly lucky ones without the major withdrawal side effects.

rjh

#2 rjh

rjh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

This is day three going from 60 mg to 30 mg. I do seem to find , so soon, trouble relaxing enough to sleep.

I am almost desperatly hoping my mind will improve when I am off this stuff! I had begun to notice some short term memory issues. Lately my boss has been sitting with me all day at work to see how she can increase my speed and reorganize how i work. lol

so everytime she opens my file cabinet she finds where i have misfiled. and it is dumb stuff like filed the n's in the a's

heavens.

i am going to keep this running thread going so I can keep track of how things go for me

rjh

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Not too bad a start rjh. You might want to stay at 30 for a couple days til you settle down and the start weaning again. Look forward to more of your posts.

#4 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

rjh, you cannot stop Cymbalta that fast!!!!!!!!! DONT DO IT!!   Research what happens if you do that!   You can be stuck in protracted withdrawals. This crap harms your brain!

If you have been on 60 mg for years you will need to take at least a year to get off of it!  You must be stable with NO symptoms for a good 4-6 weeks before lowering the dose    

#5 rjh

rjh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for the advice. I definetly do not want the withdrawal symptoms like some had had. I am doing well so far, just a bit of intestinal troubles, and headaches which may or may not be withdrawal symptoms. I am planning on staying at the current dose for two weeks then slowwwwwwly decreasing my beads taken each day.

You know I went to a local vitamin store and bought the empty capsules. I had a clerk ask me what I did with those and I told her. Seems her boyfriend was on another antidepressent and trying to get off too. But not bead counting. I know 4 out of 4 girls in my family are on antidepressents. I think almost everyone is, like some of the other posts said. I am looking forward to seeing ME without antidepressents on board

rjh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users