ABurch1227

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • why_joining:
    Ran out of pills; sounds like a good time to stop taking Cymbalta

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hi, I have been on 120 mg per day of Cymbalta for approx the last 2 years.  I lost my job and my insurance about 6 months ago and had been ordering my Cymbalta thru a prescription program from the manufacturer since then.  Well, I had flaked out and forgotten to request a new supply from program till last week,  It typically takes 3-4 weeks to get meds shipped to drs office then they call me to come pick them up. I noticed today that I only have 3 pills left. So I decided it might just be a good time to get off of medication. I started researching withdrawal effects and found this forum.  After reading several of the posts on here I am scared to death.

So instead of taking two 60 mg caps this morning I took just one and thought I would take the other two over the next two days.  I do not have any more than that so I know I don't have enough to do the bead counting method so just gonna have to go cold turkey.  I live alone so there isn't anybody here that I have to worry about watching my moods with, and I will warn my family tomorrow about what I am doing in case I need their help or anything.

If anybody has any suggestions or advise please let me know. Since I have no insurance and no job I can not afford a doctor visit nor a therapist visit.

#2 Jazzy

Jazzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am starting to wean off Cymbalta after 10+ years.
    I came here to learn how.
    I'm going to do the Hokey Pokey
    and turn myself around. 😊

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hi. If I were you I'd start taking a few supplements to help your brain deal with this.
I take B-Complex, L-Theanine (Suntheanine), flax oil essential omega 3's, a multi vitamin. I also take Vit C and Biotin. I'm sorry you're in this predicament, but who knows. Maybe you'll be among those who don't have a lot of problems. I hope so. Check back in here and let us know how you're doing. Hugs from NM.

#3 Madison1

Madison1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    To feel I'm not alone in this hell of antidepressants. Seeing others are having the same symptoms helps me to make it through each day. Hopefully my story will in turn help someone else.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Could you go to an Urgent Care type place or call your doctor and ask them to call in your prescription somewhere? Could you borrow the money somehow to get just one months worth? You might be okay but it would be better if you had it to be able to gradually decrease. 

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Burch, normally on the cymbalta website is offers for free one month of cymbalta. You will only need a new prescription.

#5 Madison1

Madison1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    To feel I'm not alone in this hell of antidepressants. Seeing others are having the same symptoms helps me to make it through each day. Hopefully my story will in turn help someone else.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Great information fishinghat! I hope she can get it. Too bad it is illegal to send prescription medicine. I have so much Cymbalta left over! 

#6 DinCA

DinCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I agrre with all the above.  If you can get more pills...DO SO.  the supplements are really important.  If you start to show signs of the heavier withdrawal symptoms you might want to ask a family member or close friend to stay with you for a little while.  sometimes the not-thinking-clearly effects your decision making skills and it can be a God send to have someone who can help you during those times.  I made some pretty silly big mistakes (some not so silly...just big) those first weeks when left to my own thoughts.  If you talk to them and they can handle the mood swings I think you might find you are grateful for the company sometimes as well.  Isolating from the public was definitely the right thing for me....but total isolation would have been a bad idea.   I felt a bit like I was being babysat a few times....but now I am very grateful.   But do make sure to explain it all to them.

I hope all goes well.

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

That is an excellant recommendation DinCA. You are very right...your cognitive abilities will be poor, you feel very insecure and unsure with what to do. Great recommendations!!

#8 ABurch1227

ABurch1227

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • why_joining:
    Ran out of pills; sounds like a good time to stop taking Cymbalta

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thank you all for your input and helpful advise! I am now on day two of NO Cymbalta.  I have noticed lots of dizziness today.  It has been very difficult to stay awake the last couple of days; but hopefully I'm past that. The dizziness is getting worse the longer I am up and moving around; but if that is the worst that I have to endure over the next few weeks then I can handle that no problem.  I have had to ask my sister to drive me around today as I didn't feel confident in my ability.  I have had mild headaches but then I was dealing with those over the past couple of months anyway; fingers crossed they do not increase.  The other thing that I have noticed over the last couple of days is an increase in my sweet cravings.  It's constantly on my mind right now (as if I need to gain any more weight, grr).

Thank you all again for your help and for just being there.  Often just having a place to share my thoughts or concerns helps in soo many ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users