• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whtstar4

whtstar4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

i have been on cymbalta for about 6 yrs now, i hate taking meds and i know you should never stop cold turkey because i did about 3 yrs ago and i literally ended up going crazy. i kept trying to kill myself ended up in the icu 3 time and then in a hospital for 2 weeks.i kept telling my husband i wanted to get off of it but he said i would need it for the rest of my life.i am always tired cant function properly and had none to little interest in sex. i am 40 yrs old and that is the last thing i am wanting in my life. so ok i have decided to wean myself off of it the right way but i am having some serious side effects and was wondering if anyone else is feeling the same way. everytime i close my eyes or look in a certain direction   i get this strange feeling going through my head and chest. i couldnt describe it until i seen it described on a different site. it almost feels like a slight shockwave going through my head and chest. it does bother me and i am hoping it dont last long but it has been a few days now and i dont know how much more i can take.on the brighter side i am not as tired as i have been when i was taking it everyday.my doctor never told me about any side effects he just said it wont cause me to gain weight which i was excited for because others in the past has caused me to put on some weight. it is also very expensive i was paying 75. a month for something that just made me cringe to take it

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

welcome to the site whtstar. It sounds like the standard 'brain zap' as we call it. getting dizzy when you move your eyes side to side is also a common symptom. I know you said you were weaning yourself off of it. I hope you are using the  bead counting method.

Good luck and keep us posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users