• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teamstephie

teamstephie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

I took 10 mg of cymbalta for 3 days it was not a good experience as I have 2 kids and all I did was sleep. Thank goodness they were at their dads. I asked my doctor to take me off and put me on something new.There was no tappering, Anyways this was middle of September its now November and from just 3 days I have gone into total discontinuation syndrome. I have flu like symptoms diarrhea, nausea, lost 20lbs, low mood energy all around not good. I'm dehydrated and anorexic now again after finally beating it. Any suggestions?

#2 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

I took 10 mg of cymbalta for 3 days it was not a good experience as I have 2 kids and all I did was sleep. Thank goodness they were at their dads. I asked my doctor to take me off and put me on something new.There was no tappering, Anyways this was middle of September its now November and from just 3 days I have gone into total discontinuation syndrome. I have flu like symptoms diarrhea, nausea, lost 20lbs, low mood energy all around not good. I'm dehydrated and anorexic now again after finally beating it. Any suggestions?

teamstephie: Hi and welcome to the support forum. Glad that you found us. I am also a newbie and was so grateful when I FOUND this web site. I am in the process of taking mega doses of vitamins 10 days prior to my withdrawal on Thurs Nov 7. My pharmacist advised me to take mega doese of vitamins 10 days prior 2 beginning the withdrawal process.

I, 2 wish I had NEVER swallowed the first capsule approx 18 months ago. The side effects are horrid. I want off the Cymbalta. The withdrawal S/S are just pure hell IMO but I 'am' determined 2 wean my self off by using the 'bead counting' method. I am glad that you are here and want you 2 know there is lots of support to be found here. Sending much love, encouragement & prayers...oh and there is hope always hope! EquusWoman :hug:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users