• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dneaks9624

dneaks9624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    I came from what winners do.com and wish to continue telling my story of major withdrawals from cymbalta

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,
I am currently looking for people who live in the cities of Phoenix, Miami, Washington DC, Denver, and anywhere in the state of Texas, who have gone through, or is going through withdrawals from cymbalta. I need your stories.
Please email me at Fallen4436@aol.com And please include which city and state you are from, and the website you are replying from as well.
Thank you all......and keep fighting to get off of this terrible drug. And if you withdrawaled for over six weeks like I did, I would love to hear from you as well.
My story is below for you to read.

my doctor does not care
by dneaks9624 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I told my doctor about the terrible withdrawals I was having from cymbalta, and he said that he has never heard of any withdrawals from his patients, and he seemed pretty annoyed by it. Well now his has..........and I am changing doctors, because he did not care, and did not want to hear about it.
And I bet if he visted this website, he would see what I was talking about!
And he should know........, because he is the one who prescribed the cymbalta to me in the first place.
Apparently he needs to do his homework.

It is hard to put on a scale of the withdrawl symptoms of cymbalta because they were all pretty much major.
But I will do my best.
Scale of one to ten. Ten being the worst.
Nausea 10+
Vomitting 10+
Dizziness 8+
Heads zaps 10+ aka paresthesias - electric shock sensations <<<< (are you kidding me)
Fatigue/ poor sleep 10+
Brain fog 10+
Short term memory problems 10+
Hot and cold chills similar to the flu 10
Joint pain 8
Frustration/anger 9
Ear muffled sounds 8
Comprehension ability gone 10+
Crying spells 10+
(weaning process took weeks)
I was put on cymbalta for depression and anxiety started the drug in May of 07 - Dec 08.
I started weaning myself off of this drug and here is my nightmare, I weaned from 60mg to 30mg to 15mg to 7mg, opening the capules for the 15 and 7mg ween. (7mg just to take the edge off).
12/1 Last pill AFTER the weaning process
12/3 had to take cymbalta again b/c of all the withdrawl effects listed above 7mg
12/4-5 took cymbalta 7mg
12/6 no cymbalta
12/7 took cymbalta 7mg
12/8-11 no cymbalta had all withdrawal effects listed above
12/12 took cymbalta 7mg
12/13-25 no cymbalta had all withdrawal effects listed above
12/25 @ night took cymbalta 7mg
12/26-29 no cymbalta had all withdrawal effects listed above
kept having withdrawal effects everyday, but they lessened as time went by.
around January 16th 09 my brain was finally becoming clearer, and I was beginning
to comprehend things, and function much better. But I still have days of withdrawal, especially
the brain not being clear days, and I know that is b/c of being on the cymbalta.
And here it is February 8th 09, and I am still trying to comprehend everything that has just happened to me. It is alot to take in. I take everyday one step at a time, and it has been a very slow process. What Eli Lilly (the drug company) is failing to do, is to understand that cymbalta's withdrawal effects or should I say ( discontinuation effects ) are higly under rated. This is serious, and people are sick and want answers.
I Hope this gives you a better understanding of what I am trying to say.dneaks9624

Private messageE-mail

#2 softpetals

softpetals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I just kicked Cymbalta and thought I could share my story!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hello-
I am from Boulder, CO -just down the road from Denver- would be happy to share my story - (see: "22 days off cymbalta..... YOU WILL GET BETTER!!!!" in the 'weaning off cymbalta' section)

What are you planning to do with the stories? I am interested in getting this crap off the market - my own experience was so bad I am determined to spare others.

Please let me know...

my email is: czartistpaint@yahoo.com.

peace.
CZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users