Photo

Screwed Up My Bead Counting...so Skipped 4 Days...can I Go Back On And Restart?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BLP

BLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Been on CYM since maybe 2005. Weaning off via bead counting. Need help. Brain zaps etc

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

I decided to do the bead counting. I was up to 16 beads removed from a 200 bead 60 mg capsule. I took out one bead a day day1=1 bead, day 16=16 beads etc)
Then I skipped 4 days of ALL meds cause I was sick. I feel so weird. Brain things, irritable etc. ...can I pick up where I left off or should I start all over.
(That means I did not take Lamictal or Prempro or blood pressure med or cholesterol med...or vitamins and supplements)

Quick summary:
I was out on Lexapro in 2005 for chronic fatigue...switched to Cymbalta for allegedly the same diagnosis about 5 years ago or so. Then my mom fell and incapacitated in 2010 ( she lived with us) - Dr added Lamictal in Jan 2011 due to my "stress". Mom died in May 2011.

Here I am in 2013, wanting a better, healthier life. I lost 40# with weight watchers. Now I want off these stupid drugs. I am willing to wean gradually.

Please help. Should I just go back to my usual dosages and restart e weaning?

#2 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

BLP I had similar situation. Had flare up of diverticulitis was so ill that I forget to take my PM meds. In 4 days went into withdrawal. Then I figured out what was going on and took the Cymbalta. I then under physician supervision tried to stop Cymbalta the way I was instructed. That didn't work either. Then thank God I found this forum and learned all about bead counting. 

I don't know enough to advise you about where to start but fishinghat or thismoment or some of these others.will see your post and advise you. There are so many ppl here and that are so very helpful of one another. I am down 35 beads over18 days now. Very slowly I must wean as I have withdrawal s/s if I do not go slowly. Support, encouragement & prayers :hug:

#3 BLP

BLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Been on CYM since maybe 2005. Weaning off via bead counting. Need help. Brain zaps etc

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

What time of day is best to take cymbalta while weaning?

#4 BLP

BLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Also, I have been having HORRIBLE insomnia. Is that part of the weaning process?

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

BLP
Welcome!! You have reduced just 8% (16 beads out of 200). I would stay at the -16 for a few days until you are stable, then start reducing again.

This is a best guess.

Insomnia can be part of the withdrawal for sure.

Take the meds at the same time each day. I don't think the time of day matters.

#6 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

#7 BLP

BLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

So, if I am understanding correct, CYM makes use sleepy but have insomnia???
I had always taken in morning. Is that wrong?

U think I can resume the ones with 18 beads out then 19 beads next day, 20 the next and so on? Will the brain freeze I feel since stopping cold turkey when I was sick go away when I resume?

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Like this moment said. Go back to where you left off, take out 16 beads a day. STAY at 16 beads for a few days til you feel better. (including the brain freeze). There is no wrong time of day to take Cymbalta, but again like thismoment said "take it at the same time each day". It is a time release so be consistant.

Cymbalta withdrawal causes the insomnia. Nearly everyone goes through that.

Good luck and hang in there.

#9 BLP

BLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

K...thx!
I took one last night after getting replies with 17 beads out. Then, 1/ hrs later this morning, took my regular morning pills and supplements. My brain feels better but I have weird kind of skin crawling going on, esp in neck and arms. Is that an expected feeling or is it something unrelated?

Also, wondering about people's reasons for choosing to go off of CYM? (Other than cost)
Asking myself that question now.

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

BLP - Glad you are some better. Hang in there.

Crawling skin - Withdrawal

Came off because of side effects.

#11 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

You should not drop the dose by more than 10% and never sooner than every 6 weeks.  You must wean slower than slow. This stuff is evil. Throw away your calendars and just listen to your body.  You must not drop the dose again until you are stable ( no withdrawal effects)  for at least 4 weeks.   PLEASE do it slowly .the right way.   I don't want you to suffer like I have.  

#12 BLP

BLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

From Heartfeathers....You should not drop the dose by more than 10% and never sooner than every 6 weeks.  You must wean slower than slow. This stuff is evil. Throw away your calendars and just listen to your body.  You must not drop the dose again until you are stable ( no withdrawal effects)  for at least 4 weeks.   PLEASE do it slowly .the right way.   I don't want you to suffer like I have.
[/quote]

So, if there are about 200 beads in my 60 mg capsule, that's 20 beads. You are suggesting then, to take the capsule with 20 beads removed for 6 weeks, THEN take out how much more??? Seems weird..

If I take out 1 bead/day, that will take 200 days which is then >6 months. That's too fast???

#13 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

yeah

#14 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

yeah, it's frustrating as hell. the feeling of pure exhaustion but not being able to get a wink of sleep. or sometimes i'm HYPER even tho i haven't been sleeping at all either...

everyday is just a whole new bag of fish.

i don't know what to expect anymore.

i've probably rushed with my weaning down process but it is what it is and yesterday was my last dosage of cymbalta since weaning down from 60mg 2 weeks ago and i'm just gonna take it day by day now.

Take it day by day darlin'...that's the only way we can get thru this Cymbalta hell... :hug:

#15 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

From Heartfeathers....You should not drop the dose by more than 10% and never sooner than every 6 weeks.  You must wean slower than slow. This stuff is evil. Throw away your calendars and just listen to your body.  You must not drop the dose again until you are stable ( no withdrawal effects)  for at least 4 weeks.   PLEASE do it slowly .the right way.   I don't want you to suffer like I have.
[/quote]

So, if there are about 200 beads in my 60 mg capsule, that's 20 beads. You are suggesting then, to take the capsule with 20 beads removed for 6 weeks, THEN take out how much more??? Seems weird..

If I take out 1 bead/day, that will take 200 days which is then >6 months. That's too fast???

BLB it works differently for us. In my case I am removing 5 additional beads every 3rd day. Tried removing more and withdrawals began. Hang in there and let us know how UR doing.  :hug: from TheEquusWoman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users