• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carol2512

Carol2512

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hi , I m carol , 49 and mum to 5 , only 3 still at home ..I had 12 months on Prozac and then I ve had 18 months on cymbalta , I ve reached a point when I m fed up of feeling Ill all the time , I don't know what's depression or what's side effects anymore , so I ve decided to try and stop them on my own .

For 2 days now I ve taken out 20 pellets and I ll keep taken more out over the weeks ...quick question , is it possible to have some withdrawal on that little reduction and short time ? X

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Welcome to the site Carol2512. Absolutely. For most of us we take out about 2 to 3 beads a day. If we have no problems after 1 week we will up it to 4 or 5 per day. There are some who go faster and some who go slower, I would just say this is about average.

There are a lot of good people here to lean on so don't be afraid to lean on our shoulders.

#3 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

Carol , my advice speaking from experience is to go very slow . I went from 60 mg to zero in 2 weeks & even though I'm not 100 PC sure , I think it's the reason I suffered extremely bad withdrawal . Knowing what I know now, I would treat every single teeny weeny bead with caution.
There is no rush so take your time , what's another few weeks in the sheme of things.
Take advantage of the high level of help you will get from this site , I couldn't have done it without them all .
Take care & welcome friend .
Hugs :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users