#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Attached File  1604920_801495553210743_1577981122_n.jpg   153.61KB   2 downloads

Will add comment

#2 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Misery in a bottle ..:-(((

#3 Timbo

Timbo

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Recently started tapering off of Cymbalta. Having bad effects and wanted to see if there were any ways to do this without having such a negative impact on my functionality.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

Haha!!  Equuswoman, I LOVE your visuals.  They are hilarious.  We all need to laugh a little.  I'm glad I glanced at that before I went to bed.   Haha...I'm still laughing...maybe I'm losing it!  ;-) 

#4 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

Misery in a bottle ..:-(((

you made me laugh loudly Wag ---so very true

#5 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

Wagtail, you are so so right!!! EW, Hang in there my friend!!!!! Hugs and prayers for strength for us all!!! clara :P

#6 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontgomery Alabama
  • why_joining:
    I want help and support to get off this awful drug.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

How are you doing equuswoman? I'm hoping you are feeling a little better! I'm on day 23 now. Yesterday was actually a normal day! You will get there. Praying for you!

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Equuswoman, nice photo! 

I noticed that the words, delayed release are printed on the Cymbalta box. Perhaps it should be modified to more closely resemble the truth:

CYMBALTA

• delayed release of the drug
  • delayed release of the patient

I've never nibbled on a more delicious irony.

#8 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi everyone. My desk top died and just got around to getting a new note book. Was sorta difficult using my cell. I am hanging in, taking it one day and one bead at a time. Some good days and some days not so good. Plan on a trail ride after early church service tomorrow morning. Horse therapy is always a good thing for me. I cleaned stalls the other day after the 'freeze' down here in sweet home Al...that kinda task is something that I do enjoy. I just wanted to drop a line to let y'all know that I am still around and kicking. lol...

Welcome to the newbies and hello to my forum friends...

Have a good week end and keep up the faith and fight!

Love & prayers and a whole lotta cyberhugs :hug:

TheEquuswoman

#9 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

It's 7.30 am down under & I'm having my wake up cuppa & planning my day . Feeling a bit flat so I won't plan to climb mountains but a small hill would be nice.
Equuswoman , you're sounding more positive everyday so keep it up & keep smiling.

I had a great chat with my 39 yr old son recently which left me feeling stronger in my determination to beat the crap out of this bloody CRAPALTA.
I will NOT allow it to ruin my life... What ever state it leaves me in , I will adapt & learn to live with it .
It can't destroy the REAL me / my soul , that is up to me to do not this crappy drug.
If my balance is off, I will learn to walk more carefully...
If it makes me feel nauseous I will deal with it the best I can @ the time.
If it messes with my emotions I will challenge it & meet it head on.
I will learn to live with whatever state it leaves me in .

AS LONG AS I AM BREATHING , IT WILL BE ME WHO DECIDES HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE & ENJOY MY FAMILY .
I WILL NOT LET THIS DRUG TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME .
I WILL DECIDE IF I SMILE OR NOT ...NOT CYMBALTA.
My family will understand the new me & still love me regardless.

Hang in there all of you & fight back.
Xx

#10 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Wagtail

Ditto.

#11 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Great post, Wagtail! Thanks!!! clara :)

#12 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hi Donna I'm taking it one day, one bead at a time. Thanks for asking. Much love and you remain in my prayers. :hug:

How are you doing equuswoman? I'm hoping you are feeling a little better! I'm on day 23 now. Yesterday was actually a normal day! You will get there. Praying for you!

#13 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

It's 7.30 am down under & I'm having my wake up cuppa & planning my day . Feeling a bit flat so I won't plan to climb mountains but a small hill would be nice.
Equuswoman , you're sounding more positive everyday so keep it up & keep smiling.

I had a great chat with my 39 yr old son recently which left me feeling stronger in my determination to beat the crap out of this bloody CRAPALTA.
I will NOT allow it to ruin my life... What ever state it leaves me in , I will adapt & learn to live with it .
It can't destroy the REAL me / my soul , that is up to me to do not this crappy drug.
If my balance is off, I will learn to walk more carefully...
If it makes me feel nauseous I will deal with it the best I can @ the time.
If it messes with my emotions I will challenge it & meet it head on.
I will learn to live with whatever state it leaves me in .

AS LONG AS I AM BREATHING , IT WILL BE ME WHO DECIDES HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE & ENJOY MY FAMILY .
I WILL NOT LET THIS DRUG TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME .
I WILL DECIDE IF I SMILE OR NOT ...NOT CYMBALTA.
My family will understand the new me & still love me regardless.

Hang in there all of you & fight back.
Xx

Wag tail, Loved your post. That's the way to look at this nasty drug and the difficulties it has brought to our lives. Thank you because I really did need to read this positive post! Love & prayers for you my forum friend :hug:

#14 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Equuswoman, nice photo! 

I noticed that the words, delayed release are printed on the Cymbalta box. Perhaps it should be modified to more closely resemble the truth:

CYMBALTA

• delayed release of the drug
  • delayed release of the patient

I've never nibbled on a more delicious irony.

So true thismoment! Love your post :hug:

#15 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

A very Blah day , but I pushed through & kept baby stepping my way through the day.
No energy , no inspiration , lots of brain fog & the overwhelming urge to give in & lie down ..

The words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman kept resonating through my brain " Big Mistake , Huge Mistake ." Yes mr/mrs Cymbalta ...
You have met your match , don't judge a book by it's cover !!!!.
I may suffer from your poison but I will NEVER lie down & die... I will adjust & fight you every inch of the way... Say hello to the New Gail .. I may be a shadow of my former self but I will SURVIVE , whatever it takes I will keep on fighting you & one day I will win.

I will learn to live with the disabilities you have forced upon me but you won't beat me ..

#16 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi Gail

I enjoyed your post! I love those lines from Pretty Woman.

And your description of the dilemma of withdrawal is classic, so I have chosen to blend it with a Classic; I hope you don't mind. Clearly, you are committed to opposing this outrageous fortune, but you have found peace in acceptance. Very sound.

To be or not to be, that is the question-

No energy, no inspiration, lots of brain fog, and

The overwhelming urge to give in and lie down.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The disabilities you have forced upon me- 

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them-

Whatever it takes I will keep on fighting you

And one day I will win- 

You won't beat me.

Edward Lewis: I think you are a very bright, very special woman.

Vivian:              The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that?

Vivian:              I would have stayed for two thousand.

Edward Lewis: I would have paid you four.

#17 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Keep up the good fight, Gail!! How are you, thismoment? I am having a third good day! 3 in a row!!!  Bless you all! clara :)

#18 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Clara- that's wonderful! Enjoy your day. 

All is well here. The sun is just rising, I'm on my second cup of coffee, the cat is asleep on my lap, and I'm free of Cymbalta! Life is good. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users