#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

for the past 2 days. Interstates thru the city were a grid lock of frozen ice. We were according to the weather ppl were to only have a "dusting" of snow.

This is NOT the NORM for the southern part of the country. Thankfully we didn't lose our power.

We are still 'waiting for the thaw'....I am thankful that it will be ABOVE freezing tomorrow. 

Now for "me"...& my w/d from my friend Cymbalta ...weaning down slowly using the bead counting method. Will take 50 beads tonight. fishinghat and this moment helped me to learn to bead count when I found the Cymbalta forum. There are so many ppl here who are so helpful and willing to share their experiences. I am so thankful that I found this forum back in Oct and began my weaning process on Thurs Nov 7th. Been on 60mg daily for LBP due to osteoarthritis....

Headaches not as bad. Took some advice from timbo. Got "out" and into some physical activity. Helps lots to do that.

I have 3 horses I care for and they require stalls cleaned (mucked) being fed, groomed and ridden etc. This activity helped me to feel better. When I awakened that morning @ 6am my head was splitting, I just didn't think that I could even get out of bed but the words of timbo rang in my ears, "no excuses" so I got up layered up, (its cold) pulled on my boots and to the horse stables I went. The HA slowly disappeared WooHoo was I ever GLAD!

As a nurse, retired, I know that physical activity is a good thing for us as it releases Mother natures 'feel good' chemicals in our brains and I need all of that I can get for certain!

I'm glad to be back on the forum and would like to say welcome to all the newbies and am glad that you're here. Ready to be of help to whomever I can here on this wonderful support forum. 'tis good 2B here!

Anyhow that's an update on TheEquusWoman from SweetHomeAlabama :hug:

#2 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Equuswoman. .Did hear about the freezing weather you are having. It's so unnatural for your area and I'm sure could be quite shocking at that..Glad you had no power loss....Hopefully your area will return to its natural season temp.

Wonderful news that you are getting out physically and remembering Fishinghat and Thismoment ' s words..Yes..lol lol..you being a nurse already knew that..and you also know when you are in your own pain how easy it is to forget.

You are such an inspiration to others on this site and from what I can see you do post regularly and explicitly so others can learn your process..Very well done, if I might add..

Happy to see when you shifted to something physical your headache went away. Yes our mind is powerful and remembering you are in control of it does help a great deal..

looking forward to your future posts...Take care my friend

#3 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Carleeta Thank you. Sometimes we just have to sorta give ourselves a "push" on the backside and get it in gear. Really did help the physical symptom of the headache that I was having. We also have a manual treadmill on the days it is bitter cold. The cold hurts my 'bones'... actually it does cause me to have increased LBP but I just take it one day, one bead at a time. Hang in there and we will help each other through this roller coaster of emotions!

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Carleeta Thank you. Sometimes we just have to sorta give ourselves a "push" on the backside and get it in gear. Really did help the physical symptom of the headache that I was having. We also have a manual treadmill on the days it is bitter cold. The cold hurts my 'bones'... actually it does cause me to have increased LBP but I just take it one day, one bead at a time. Hang in there and we will help each other through this roller coaster of emotions!

Equuswoman I certainly can relate to pain in the cold weather..Living in New York this time of year is brutal for pp with pain. My pain is in my hands. I can't imagine having the pain you suffer from..What I will say is your weather these past few days must have been horrible for you..Treadmill is excellent for your bitter cold days.. I will hang in there. Thank you..Yes we will help each other through this roller coaster. One day at a time.

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Equuswoman I certainly can relate to pain in the cold weather..Living in New York this time of year is brutal for pp with pain. My pain is in my hands. I can't imagine having the pain you suffer from..What I will say is your weather these past few days must have been horrible for you..Treadmill is excellent for your bitter cold days.. I will hang in there. Thank you..Yes we will help each other through this roller coaster. One day at a time.

Yes the cold hurts. I am ready for spring even with it's threat of tornados. Always something with the changing seasons. But I'm just glad to still be walking, able to groom & ride my horse and glad that I found this forum. Otherwise I'd still be on 60mg of Cymbalta daily containing 200 beads. Now I'm down to 49 beads....one day, one bead at a time...I will make it...you will to...

Prayers and hope :hug:

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Wow, 49 beads ... I remember reading your first posts, when you were just starting to count .... Lots of progress! And how I envy you having horses ... One of my bucket list items is to go to the stables here in dc ...rock creek park has them ... Don't know about riding, but I do just want to spend time around horses ...they are such magnificent and intelligent creature ....dolphins are also on the bucket list ...for that, a trip south will be in order ...if and when the weather warms up .... Heck, if I keep feeling better, I may need to get a new, and bigger bucket on which to write my list! ;-)

#7 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Equuswoman. .today you will be down 48 beads if I'm correct. One day at a time and One bead at a time. I am hoping the weather there is easing up for you. Don't blame you for awaiting spring..Just an out the time your bead counting is over spring will be approaching. New beginnings. You'll see how your new life will begin to bloom..Happy thoughts and God Bless..

#8 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Wow, 49 beads ... I remember reading your first posts, when you were just starting to count .... Lots of progress! And how I envy you having horses ... One of my bucket list items is to go to the stables here in dc ...rock creek park has them ... Don't know about riding, but I do just want to spend time around horses ...they are such magnificent and intelligent creature ....dolphins are also on the bucket list ...for that, a trip south will be in order ...if and when the weather warms up .... Heck, if I keep feeling better, I may need to get a new, and bigger bucket on which to write my list! ;-)

fivenotions if I can learn to ride at age 55 anyone can. It is such wonderful therapy for me. I love it! Just cleaning his stall is therapy. Just the scent of him is therapy. Horses I so love them! :hug:

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Equuswoman. .today you will be down 48 beads if I'm correct. One day at a time and One bead at a time. I am hoping the weather there is easing up for you. Don't blame you for awaiting spring..Just an out the time your bead counting is over spring will be approaching. New beginnings. You'll see how your new life will begin to bloom..Happy thoughts and God Bless..

Carletta thank you my forum friend! May God bless you as well! TheEquuswoman :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users