• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

That's awesome, FH!

You don't post about yourself much at all, you're always helping us....it's good to get an update from you once in a while!

#32 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yes. 

Fishinghat taught me bead-counting more than 2 years ago. He is always steady and so beautifully normal that it's scary! He occupies a position of great honour in my mind, and I haven't said thank you enough. So once again my friend, thank you!

#33 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

I am always flattered by all the praise that everyone  gives me and I thank you all. I just never know what to say. There are sooooo many here who help in soooo many ways. You and the ones who came before you are all my heroes as you have done so much for so many people.  Thanks so much. I am proud to call you friends.

#34 Brodie

Brodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

You sound like you are doing ok fishinghat, that is good to hear. Slow but steady is good but I understand its still very hard. As always thank you for the advice. 4 weeks (possibly more) of not sleeping sounds scary but it also reinforces what a good thing it is to get off this drug. Thanks again for the support.

#35 Brodie

Brodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hello again. Can anyone recommend a mild antidepressant that's not as terrible to get off as cymbalta? I am not coping too well and am feeling very down and hopeless, so I think I do need to be on something. It's been 3 weeks since I finished weening off cymbalta, I thought I was doing ok but the last 3 days I have been so sad and depressed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

#36 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

There are three that are commonly used. Lexapro (if under 60), Prozac and Zoloft. Be aware it takes the Prozac around 6 to 8 weeks to kick in fully.

#37 Brodie

Brodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

Thanks fishinghat, doctor Wednesday so will get onto the lexapro or Zoloft. Dont want to wait 6-8 weeks for Prozac to kick in. Thanks again, I don't know where I would turn without this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users