• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ronnie75

Ronnie75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

Hi folks. This is my first post. I've been on Cymbalta for about 3 years and have been on 90 mg daily for over a year. I'm on lithium and Mirap also.

As I'd been doing better mood wise lately my doctor and I agreed that I would come down off or completely of the Cymbalta. she said I should drop from 90mg to 60 mgs and see how I get on. About 6 hours after I missed my dose I began feeling crap; shaking, dizzy, waves of pins and needles; headaches; irritability; anxiety; cramps & diahoria. Even though I took my 60 mg dose that night the next day I felt unbearably bad. I couldn't take it any more so I went back to 90mg.

That was 7 days ago and I've been taking 90 each day but I still feel terrible.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before from skipping one dose?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

It doesn't suprise me how you felt after missing one dose but usually after you go back on the regular dose it clears up.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Welcome, Ronnie75....I can't help w/your question as I went cold turkey about 6 wks ago.  Fishinghat is the most informed member here, and I know that many are doing the "bead counting" as an easier way to withdraw.  You might check into that.  This is not an easy trip by any means and I give you my support and my prayers.  Good luck and keep us posted!  This is the greaest group of ppl you could ever hope to meet! The understanding, info and help are beyond belief!

Liz :)

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Ronnie75- If you get to feling better and still want to come off the Cymbalta just let me know and I will set you up on hte bead counting method.

#5 OMG37

OMG37

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Hi Ronnie75:

I have gone through the same thing when leaving my meds on accident and going a day and 1/2 with our them (I was on 60mg).  It took me almost three days to feel "normal" again….and even then I still felt residuals.  All the symptoms you mentioned.  At that time I had no idea it was withdrawal!!!!!  I have been off ALL medication (with the exception) of tylenol and vitamins for 12 days and its been an uphill battle, however I feeling a lot bester today than I have in a long time.  Still dealing with the fibromyalgia pain (resin I initially started taking the meds), but it a breeze compared to the pain and hell that withdrawal took me through!!!  

You really need to rethink your plan to continue the cymbalta bc it is the hottest hell I've every experienced!!! 

#6 Ronnie75

Ronnie75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for the support folks.

I really thought that once I went back to my original dose things would get better. I'm now on day eight and on feeling marginally better than yesterday. I've a burst headache, I feel moody/ irritable and still getting waves of pins and needs every now and then. I also have a general feeling of unwell ness that I find difficult to describe.

My nurse and my wife reckon that there's something else going on with me but I'm not so sure.

Yes my intention is to get to feel better and start again using a different approach. I was on Effexor Xl 300mg for many years and I thought they were difficult to get off. I was counting the beads on them and it took me 9 months. However the withdrawal was mild compare to what I've just experienced on Cymbalta.

Thanks again for the support. I'll keep ye posted.

#7 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the support folks.

I really thought that once I went back to my original dose things would get better. I'm now on day eight and on feeling marginally better than yesterday. I've a burst headache, I feel moody/ irritable and still getting waves of pins and needs every now and then. I also have a general feeling of unwell ness that I find difficult to describe.

My nurse and my wife reckon that there's something else going on with me but I'm not so sure.

Yes my intention is to get to feel better and start again using a different approach. I was on Effexor Xl 300mg for many years and I thought they were difficult to get off. I was counting the beads on them and it took me 9 months. However the withdrawal was mild compare to what I've just experienced on Cymbalta.

Thanks again for the support. I'll keep ye posted.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Getting off Cymbalta is difficult but ppl have done it. I am slowly weaning off this poison one bead per day. Let us know how you're doing :hug:

#8 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Welcome Ronnie! With all the w/ds I experienced, I too thought, geez, there's gotta be something else going wrong in my body, but I think it's w/ds. Take it easy on yourself and know that this does not last forever, it does get better! Keep us posted! Prayers and hugs for you!  clara :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users