Photo

Ready to start weaning off. What do I do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MichelleK

MichelleK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm quitting cymbalta very soon and need some support

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

I was put on Paxil a yr ago because of ppd. I told my dr I wanted to wean off but I was scared of the withdraw symptoms and she suggested switching to Cymbalta since withdraw is easier. I've dropped from 60 to 30mg. I've been taking 30 mg along with fish oils and B12 thanks to the advice from the forum. Now that I'm headed towards month 2 I think I'm ready to go every other day. What other steps should I take? I have small children and I'm a stay at home mom so I NEED to be as calm and rage-free as possible. Should I stock up on dremimine and benidryl?

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

MichelleK:

I wrote a nice post and was logged out. What an idiot I can be! Anyway, long story short, read some of the threads here. Most of us have found that the every other day withdrawal is not the way to go and really painful. Read about the forum members that have lowered their dose of Cymbalta to the lowest possible prescription, then they started making their own dosages. Real all the warnings about this, as Cymbalta beads should never be crushed or chewed. They are coated so not to enter the blood stream too fast. You could get VERY sick if this were to happen.

Anyway, take your time lowering doses until your body decides it has adjusted and then step down again. Take the time.

Other forum members write about adjusting to the lowest possible dose of Cymbalta on the market, then getting a week or three of Prozac or Lexapro to help step off Cymbalta. They are antidepressants with a longer half life than Cymbalta and they are easier to stop for most. There are many posts regarding this method also.

Oh, and you may not have an issue coming off Cymbalta. There are people that don't have any issues or very little issue. I hope you are one of them!

All my best....Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users