Photo

Is It Bad To Keep Taking Benedryl For Skin Crawling & Nausea?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I did a quick search and see that some have taken it.  It definitely helps the itching/skin crawling and nausea but because it knocks me out, I've waited until night to take it unless it's really unbearable.  I think Benedryl is pretty safe but just don't want to rely on one while trying to get rid of another.  As I'm sure I'm not the only one, I'm basically terrified of all medication at this point!

Many thanks in advance!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

GMI, the Benadryl is a good idea and you are doing the right thing by taking it at night. During the day it can make you drowsey and dangerous to operate a vehicle, climb a ladder, etc. Benadryl is relatively easy to come off of too.

#3 GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Thanks so much, fishinghat!  The itching/skin crawling seems to be tapering off, I think.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the Benedryl or not because it seems to get worse again at night so not sure if the Benedryl (two pills) that I take at bedtime is actually working for 24 hours and then, the itching starts when it's out of my system?

Unfortunately, I developed Grovers Disease last year around this time and it appears to be back again but that rash only affects the mid-upper back so it's easy to separate the two.  Although, it seems once that starts getting itchy, the domino effect starts ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users