Photo

Hi, new here and feel like I'm going crazy.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rara

rara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm joining because I'm currently coming off of Cymbalta to hopefully get pregnant again and I'm having a very difficult time.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here, and recently weaned off of Cymbalta. I've been off of Cymbalta completely now since Friday, so only a few days, but I'm feel absolutely crazy. I'm snapping at everyone in my life, then swinging in a completely opposite direction and crying hysterically for hours at a time. I feel like I am looking at myself from the outside and wondering who the hell this person is that's acting so crazy, but I just can't help it. It happens before I even know it. The worst part is that I have a beautiful three y.o. little girl who is getting very upset, and rightfully so. I cannot even believe I'm about to admit this, but I feel like everything she does just annoys me so badly this week and I snap at her for the slightest of things. I have been in hysterics countless times this week alone because I snap at her from out of no where and then feel like the most awful mother on earth and spend a half hour apologizing to her and telling her how much I love her. I feel so awful. Every, single emotion I have is being amplified to the extreme. I just can't take this. I found myself wishing I was dead before. This is the most awful feeling I have ever had in my entire life. I keep worrying that this will never pass and I will spend the rest of my life as this miserable person who screams at her poor child and cries all day long.
I'm sorry to ramble, but I'm feeling so helpless. I only came off of Cymbalta because I am trying to get pregnant again. I was originally on it for chronic anxiety, but none of my doctors will allow me to take anything while trying to conceive or while pregnant.
Anyway, I'm sorry for rambling, but I feel so crazy that I don't want to even tell anyone in my life about how I'm feeling because I'm afraid it will open the flood gates on my emotions. Please tell me this passes. Please tell me that i'm not doomed to be this psychotic basket case until I have my next baby? :( If you've read this far, thank you. I appreciate it.
Rachel

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

Aww Rachel, it passes. If you read the posts here you will see that mood swings are a symptom of Cymbalta withdrawal. Yes, it goes away!!! Yes, yes, yes. And because it is so important to you to stop having the 'over' reaction, I bet you will get control of you outbursts ASAP. OK a couple of days.

Read some of the threads in this forum and you will find lots of success stories. I promise! I wish you so much luck conceiving a new life. What an exciting time. Take really great care of yourself. (But you know that!)

Houdi

#3 rara

rara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm joining because I'm currently coming off of Cymbalta to hopefully get pregnant again and I'm having a very difficult time.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

Thanks, Houdi :) I've been reading through the boards and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me from reading other people's stories. I'm so incredibly sorry that any of us have to go through this, but wow, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

#4 mswannachange

mswannachange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    i am recently looking to get off of cymbalta due to loss of job insurance.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

you are not alone! i am offically off for 4 days now and i have been so irritated with sounds, people too close to me, easily gatting headaches. i have thought alot too, about life changeing questions trying to figure out people around me. over examine. i laugh now at the fact that yesterday jamie fox and his supposed mom on a tv show were singing together behind a piano. i cried. i cry for no reason at all. its hilarious. god bless my boyfriend for putting up with my strange attitude changes. but drink alot of water! that is my only thing that has helped little. i have a hard time sleeping at night but melatonin has helped that also and thats a natural vitamin. you are not alone! those who love you will stay close confused but will stay closee because they love you.

#5 mswannachange

mswannachange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

you are not alone! i am offically off for 4 days now and i have been so irritated with sounds, people too close to me, easily gatting headaches. i have thought alot too, about life changeing questions trying to figure out people around me. over examine. i laugh now at the fact that yesterday jamie fox and his supposed mom on a tv show were singing together behind a piano. i cried. i cry for no reason at all. its hilarious. god bless my boyfriend for putting up with my strange attitude changes. but drink alot of water! that is my only thing that has helped little. i have a hard time sleeping at night but melatonin has helped that also and thats a natural vitamin. you are not alone! those who love you will stay close confused but will stay closee because they love you.

#6 mswannachange

mswannachange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

yes just another update. i am not nly crying now im looking at people with evil eyes and wanting to fight anyone who looks at me the wrong way. i can hold back the crying until i get out of work thank god my boyfriend and i just laugh when i cry at any moment watching tv or just talking. the brain zaps are going away slowly.. no more of the sharp 3 at a time every 3 mins its like 1 to 2 every 5 or ten mins. its getting better. im doin a fooot detox machine. does anyone know if thats a good thing to be doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users