• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shana

Shana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • why_joining:
    To help others suffering from Cymbalta withdrawal, and helping myself at the same time.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

I'm now at day 10 or 11 off Cymbalta.  I'm still super anxious, I'm bitchy, having hot flashes, dry mouth and now really itchy skin.  Anyone else have these symptoms?  Is there light at the end of the tunnel?  

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:19 AM

Yep, ditto to all those things for me......but they waited until the second month or so to arrive....when I was at your point, I was still in the bathroom puking my guts out....hard on an empty stomach....crawling on the floor to get to the bathroom because of the vertigo....and having constant brain zaps and migraine like shocks in my brain.....

I took cool showers and used ice packs on my wrists and solar plexus for the hot flashes....ginger ale and yogi detox tea, and sucking on tangerines seemed to help with the dry mouth...cool water with.baking soda compresses seemed to help the itchy skin...some also use Benadryl, for it....but I used NyQuil....which either helped the skin, or just helped me sleep through it. ;-)

The bitchy...well, nothing helped that except time....and getting through the symptoms that were helping to make me bitchy :-)

Don't be too hard on yourself....you really are amazing for how you're handling this process! And I'm really glad you've joined us....your comments and perspective are great!

PS...yes, it's after 3 am, and I'm online.....I'm on my way back to bed after a bathroom run (not withdrawal, just post-menopausal bladder....)....

Hang in there!

#3 Shana

Shana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • why_joining:
    To help others suffering from Cymbalta withdrawal, and helping myself at the same time.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

Thank you so much for the reply.  I'm sorry your first month was so rough.  I know I'll get through this but damn, it's rough.

#4 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

Bead counting was the only way I could have gotten off Cymbalta poison. Prayers for you you♥TheEquusWoman♥

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Hi Shana

Bitchy, dry mouth, hot flashes, and itchy skin. . . hmmm you must have been on Zombalta!! Yes indeed these symptoms are on the symptoms list (which is as long as your itchy arm).

Is the Xanax working for the anxiety? Be careful not to bitch too much at your support team; they're volunteers.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? There is, and tunnelling is a good metaphor to use: keep the walls and ceiling of the tunnel strengthened as you go-- keep the anxiety down, stay active, stay hydrated, and don't push ahead too fast lest your tunnel collapse around you.

You will recognize the light because it comes with your first spike of joy or humour!  It will happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users