#1 blynne

blynne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta user beginning withdrawal

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

I have been taking Cymbalta (60mg) for 9 months (the doctor thought I had fibromyalgia). I switched doctors and was diagnosed with lupus. This doctor didn't believe I need the Cymbalta and said I needed to consider weaning off. I had already found this board and I was scared to death about the side effects. The only real problems I had while on the medication was weight gain...a LOT of weight gain. I also felt tired all the time. I'm not sure if that was the meds or the lupus.

To wean off I took 30 mgs for a week and then 20 for 3 days. I then stopped completely. I have been totally off for a week now. I think I am one of the lucky ones. The only problem I had was not being able to sleep and some very minor brain zaps. The brain zaps started when I hit 20mg and stopped after 2 days off completely.

I feel fine, okay, not fine, thanks to lupus, but I don't feel any more effects from the Cymbalta. I am not currently on any meds. I will be looking at some medication for lupus at some point in the near future. I wanted those of you who haven't started weaning yet to know there are some who are lucky enough to have few effects. For those of you suffering, you have my prayers. Hang in there. I am so thankful to be finished with Cymbalta. The more I read about it the more thankful I am that I don't need it.

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:30 AM

blynne:

I am so sorry about the lupus. I hope you find a great doctor that can help you minimize the effects of lupus on your body.

Thank you so much for posting your weaning and quick withdrawal from Cymbalta! Your story is supposed to be the majority! I hope it is. And I am thankful that you have shared here. Hope you will continue to post and let us all know how you are doing.

Best wishes.....Houdi

#3 cmw128

cmw128

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join because I googled cymbalta withdrawl a few days ago, out of desperation and found this site. I believe that what I am doing to fight this is really helping me, and I'd like to share my experience with other people who may be looking for an alternative like I was.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:06 AM

Yeah...weaning off slowly is so much smarter...good job. Don't attept to go cold turkey if you can help it people...it is just not worth the hassle.
Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users