• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    I am here to gain support and support others

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure this out...I felt great this morning before I took the Cymbalta and the Celexa...then the dizziness/zaps started with feeling extremely stoned.

Once you take the Cymbalta do the weaning side effects start up again from your last dose?

I asked the pharmacist and she said it's a combination...

This is unbearable...I don't think I can work anymore like this...or drive...I'm going to call my shrink and see what he says because these symptoms are ruining me...

Why did i feel great then horrible after ingesting it?

Thanks for listening...and hope everyone has a better day..

IBS

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Are you taking both at the same time?  What are your symptoms? What is your current dose on both and how long you been on the Celexa? Good luck with the dr.

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Oh dear, IBS, I am so sorry....

I think calling the shrink is the way to go....I have no experience with a celexa cymbalta crossover....I went from Paxil to celexa years ago, and didn't have trouble....so I dare not give thoughts or suggestions....

What your pharmacist says seems reasonable....but as to why you'd feel better before taking both meds than after, or why the symptoms would hit seemingly so quickly...gee, no idea....

Remind me, please...what was your original cymbalta dose, and how far into tapering it are you? How bad were your withdrawal effects before you added celexa? And were you having periods of time where you felt good and free of effects?

What is your celexa dose, and when did you add it?

Perhaps Fishinghat or TM can offer some insight....

Do you have sick leave, or vacation time you can take to give yourself some time off in which to get this managed? Or even a brief medical leave of absence?

I'm praying for you!

#4 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    I am here to gain support and support others

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks FH,

Are you taking both at the same time? What are your symptoms? What is your current dose on both and how long you been on the Celexa? Good luck with the dr.

I am taking them both together...they are both generic...40 mg Citalopram, 30 duloxatine...

i didn't feel this way yesterday...so this must be the withdrawal? But the fact it all started after I took them is weird.

Symptoms are severe dizziness, feel stoned, incoherent, disoriented, stumbing around, weak legs, zaps, mouth dropping open because i feel so stoned,

I was on Celexa starting on May 28..then switched to Paxil on the 9th...then went back on Celexa on the 12th because I had a few good days...well that was just a part of the withdrawal. This probably doesn't make any sense, so I'm sorry...

Also, i am on Synthroid and this is the day i take one and a half tabs vs. one tab the rest of the week, so i'm very shakey from that. Maybe I have too much thyroid hormone in my system so will get a blood test.

FN, i am on day 33...I looked at my log and the Celexa has been making me feel stoned the entire time...so I'm going to ask if I can go back on the Paxil...the dizziness has been a constant symptom whether on one or the other.

Thank you for your prayers...the withdrawal effects i think were just zaps...I didn't list them in my log;o(( you are a sweet and supportive friend.xoxoxoxo

Thanks FH for your help. I truly appreciate your knowledge and advice!

P.S. I am taking this week off and am considering next week as well if my doc's recommendations don't make things better.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Yea It sounds like the celexa should go. If you switch to paxil remember two things. It has to start building from ground zero so in the mean time you will have some serious Cymbalta withdrawal which will go away as the paxil builds. And last but not least, that paxil withdrawal is just as bad as Cymbalta. 

Taking some time off is advisible..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users