• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tammy

Tammy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I had to switch from Cymbalta because of the cost and my Dr is weaning me. I'm a bit nervous to do all this alone!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hi everyone! What a great site! I will stop "lurking" and post my question! I have been on various anti-depressants for pretty much my entire adult life and finally settled on Cymbalta a few years ago. Seemed to be working as well as any although I have gained an enormous amount of weight so I guess it wasn't really helping my compulsive overeating. Our prescription copay recently went sky high and for Cymbalta it is now $100. I told my dr I had to switch to something generic even if it didn't work as well so she chose to switch me to the generic form of Effexor.

I was on 60mg of Cymbalta so she told me to finish out what I had, then take 30mg Cymbalta for a week, then switch to the Effexor. I asked about possible side effects and she said there shouldn't be any.

I have been on the 30mg for 2 days now and I haven't slept for more than a few hours and I'm pretty hyper. I feel like I can't complete a thought. Is that the brain thing I have seen mentioned? Can I expect it to get worse??

Has anyone had a smooth transition onto Effexor? I have been on it before and I had no problems getting off of it but I'm wondering if I should just get off of everything since I have the chance.....If I do choose to just stop with the meds for a while, can I just go from the 30mg Cymbalta to nothing or would that be too drastic?

I know this is a lot of questions! But like I said, my mind is going faster than I can type so I hope this makes some kind of sense.

Thank you so much for helping! Maybe someday soon I can be through all this and help someone else!

Tammy

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

Hey Tammy:

I think there are forum members that took Effexor to help withdraw from Cymbalta. I hope they will chime in here to give you their story.

Based on my experience, I would not stop everything. If you want to try to come off everything, I would consider going to the Effexor (stop the Cymbalta) then wean off the Effexor. Cymbalta withdrawal can be awful. I did the Cymbalta cold turkey thing, and I wish I would have tried the Prozac or Effexor to help the Cymbalta withdrawal.

The sleeping thing was awful for me during Cymbalta withdrawal. Very vivid dreams and so scary. Yuck! But for me, that only lasted about a week. And, I started taking one Benadryl at night for my sinus issues and made me sleepy.

Ok, Effexor forum members...help Tammy here...please.

Best of wishes....Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users