• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patticakestoo

Patticakestoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm planning to come off of my cymbalta and want to see what others have to say and how it effected them. I have been on cymbalta for about 5yrs but I want to see what its like not to be on cymbalta.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hello Everyone!
I want to come off this Cymbalta but first let me tell you a little bit about myself and why I'm on this drug in the first place. I have FMS, Ostearthritis, Type2 Diabetes, Diabetic neuropathy in my feet and legs, and Diabetic gastropersis, Degenerative disk disease.
Yes I'm in pain all the time..but I started taking Cymbalta back 4yrs ago after I had my hysterectomy. After I had my hysterectomy I was a emotional wreck but happy to had the surgery I was plagued with polycystic ovaries and endometriosis.(Yes I suffered from alot of Pain) So my doctor said Cymbalta would help me and it did and has. But I want to come off it it. I already take sooooo many other pill's and insulin and I have come off other drugs too in the past I think its time to stop this drug.
From what I have been reading from other posters that I could have some nasty withdrawals then again I might not. Currently Iam on 90mg's of cymbalta I take 60mg in the morning and 30mg's at night. So I have started slowly cutting back by just taking the 30mg's and going from there. I have read some people just straight out going cold turkey.
Should I just continure my weaning process? or just go cold turkey or just use my best judgement.
So your surggestions and advice is greatly wanted.

My medications:
Cymbalta 60mg morning time
Cymbalta30mg bedtime
Gabapentin 300mg 4 times a day
Lisnopril 10mg morningtime
Januvia 100mg
70/30 Novalog 55 units am 50 units pm
Nexium 40mg
Advair 1 puff every 2 hours

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

Patticakestoo:

If you are going to do this, I would do it by stepping down very slowly and very gradually. Make sure that you adjust to each dosage adjustment, a good two weeks of no issues before you adjust further.

I too have chronic pain and was taking Cymbalta for the issues. I went cold turkey. I experienced even more muscle and joint pain because of my withdrawal, I think I lived with a heating pad day and night. I took so many hot showers to stretch and try to shake the aches and pains. I have read of many others with neck, back, shoulder, joint pain as they withdraw. I don't want to discourage you. I really like my life without Cymbalta. Be cautious. Read how others have cut their dosages, there are some very creative methods.

Let us know what you do and how you are doing. Ask anything, our forum members are great.

Best wishes to you....great health....Houdi

#3 momtoangel

momtoangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Currently weaning off Cymbalta - want other views.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

I would suggest NOT going cold turkey. This is one nasty med to get off of - I had dizzy spells and nausea, and felt like I was losing my mind when I tried cold turkey. I was on 60mg for 2 years. When I decided to wean off of it, I went on 30 mg 1x/day for two weeks, then 20 mg for two weeks (every decrease was for two weeks), then 10 mg for 2 weeks, then 5 mg, then 2 1/2 mg. Since the lowest dosage Cymbalta comes in is 20 mg, I would break the capsule into a colored bowl and "eyeball" a quarter, half, or 3/4 of the 20 mg, whatever dosage I was on at the time - I wet my finger and just stuck the "spheres" to my finger and took them that way. It's worked very well and I am totally off of this medication now. Looking forward to losing the additional weight gain that Cymbalta causes (the drs don't tell you that!).
Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users