Photo

Had To Go Back Up To 60 Mg Of Cymblta Due To Side Effects...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

very frustrated.  I know my drop this past Saturday from 60 to 30 was too much but my dr. is not interested in helping me get off so I don't have any of the 20 mg capsules plus I can't concentrate enough to try and do the bead counting.  I am waking up in the middle of the night with my ears screaming at me.  I developed tinnitus/hyperacusis last summer from what I believe to be tolerance withdrawals from klonopin but this Cymbalta makes it much worse.  Anyone else experience this?   How long until I will feel better since I went back up to 60 mg today?

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'm not sure about how long it'll take for the 60 mg to kick in for you, DTG.....I'll leave that for Fishinghat or ThisMoment.....

I do think you did the right thing to go back up and let yourself get stabilized!

I also think that once you're feeling stable again, we can walk you through the bead counting.....and I think that's the best way for you to do this.....if your doc ain't on board with bead counting, so be it.....there's more than enuf collective wisdom and encouragement right here to help you do this!

As for the tinnitus, oh yeah, that was one of my long lasting effects....it got much much worse during the first weeks of withdrawal...then it almost disappeared, and I got all excited because I could hear my kitchen clock ticking....never knew it did that!....but then it came back.....it's faded a bit, and comes and goes....

#3 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

hey good...thanks for the reply.  How long have you been off?  How long does it take to get restabilized on a dose?

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

As of today, I'm starting my 8th month off.....

I have zero idea about how long it takes to get stabilized on a particular dose.....cuz I quit cold turkey...60 mg a day for 7-8 years...to zero in one day.....

I would not wish the experience on anyone.....except all the Eli Lilly scientists, marketers and other evil geniuses who created the poison.....and maybe my docs who deny there's such a thing as severe withdrawal..... :-)

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

In your situation I would say from 1 to3 weeks. That was a big drop and your nerves need to readjust back to the Cymbalta.

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

DTG

I agree with FH. You could start to feel better very soon just knowing it's coming, but probably a couple of weeks to get 'stable'.

#7 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    I am here to gain support and support others

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

DTG,

I think you made the right choice....i'm no expert here but I support you and hope you feel better quickly!
My doc made the same drop...and ever since I've been a basketcase...

Please let us know how you are feeling in the coming days..

Wishing you better days ahead!!

#8 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Ok...second day back to 60 and I feel like I am about to explode....very wired feeling like I have way too much adrenaline....how long before this will go awy?

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Like we said before DTG, could be one or two weeks. I now it is terrible and you are suffering but you just have to hold on a little while longer.

#10 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

fishinghat...the anxiety is worse beginning a bout 1/2 hour after I take Cymbalta and lasts several hours.  My legs feel like jelly.  I was use to being anxious for about an hour after my normal dose of Cymbalta (60) but now that I have gone back up from 30 to 60 it is worse...is this similar to the start up side effects of anxiety when titrating up on Cymbalta or is it still withdrawals from going down on Cymbalta.  I am still having brain zaps being back for a second day on 60...will these go away when I stabilize back on 60?  Is it that I still haven't reached the 60 mg dose in my blood yet and my body is still reacting like I am taking a lesser dose of Cymbalta?  I so appreciate your help!

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

This is still withdrawal. It takes Cymbalta around 4 or 5 weeks to reach peak in the blood BUT you were already at 30 so you should get your plasma levels back to normal in a couple weeks. Yes those withdrawal symptoms should fade (like the brain zaps) as you reach full strength in your blood. You can consider getting a prescription for Xanax or Valium to help with the anxiety until you stabilize. It won't cure the anxiety but it should ease it considerable.

#12 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

OK 3rd morning since going  back up to 60 mg and I feel weird....sore legs and arms, headache, sensitive to sounds, nauseaus, lethargic, and I am STILL having brain zaps.  Is this normal when going back up in dosage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users