#1 islandgirl0999

islandgirl0999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    having a hell of a time with my cymbalta

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

So far I have been having trouble sleeping, and sweating like a "crack head"!! LOL!!! But I keep telling myself it will be worth it, I'm tired of this stuff. My doctor doesn't seems to understand enough about this drug to even be prescribing it! The info that comes with it is half truths, it makes you sweat like crazy, keeps you tired and overtired, slows down your metabolism, which helps you gain weight. Man, all the side effects I've had have made me just a depressed as when I started!!
I guess the only thing I'm worried about is now what?? After 18 months with it , now what? I'm not even sure if it was helping me anymore.Anyone have any thoughts???

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

Welcome islandgirl0999:

Don't be discouraged. There is lots of help out here in internet land. The sweating is awful huh? Sorry.... But, it will go away, promise. And your energy level will come back, especially if you exercise and get some sunshine. Take really good care of yourself. Hydrate, rest, be patient with your brain and body. I know you will hear from other forum members with similar experiences as you.

Let us all know how you are coping. Yes, in the beginning you cope. Best wishes....Houdi

#3 BlueViolet66

BlueViolet66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBarrie, Ontario Canada
  • why_joining:
    Coming off Cymbalta and need advice!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:57 AM

I am on day three too!! Yes the sweating is awful =( AND the insomnia and brain shocks!! Ugh!! I have gained 30 pounds since being on this stuff a year ago and I feel like a sloth. You are not alone and I am so glad to have found someone else on the exact day I am on too. Let's stay in touch and help each other through this!

Hugs,
Violet

#4 islandgirl0999

islandgirl0999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    having a hell of a time with my cymbalta

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hi Guys!!

Well , the sweating hasn't stopped yet...but I just keep telling myself I am getting rid of all the toxins! In public I just fan myself and laugh saying I turn 43 this year and the hot flashes kicked in!! The weird brain wave things started, WFT !!, (sorry) is that all about?? It like that feeling you get when the roller coast goes straight down and you leave your stomach at the top! Seriously , it is a scary feeling. Sometimes it brings a wave of dizziness and nausea . I've been a little over sensitive too, but then again I just started my "cycle". This stuff is really scary stuff!!!
Keep in touch , I'd like to have someone to talk to that "gets it"!!
Keep Laughing
Colleen

#5 IamAwesome

IamAwesome

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm on my 5th day getting off of Cymbalta.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Congrats to everyone!!!

I'm on Day 8 and after getting up and showering I went out for Breakfast. I started to read a new book and on the first page I was crying! I look forward to when this side-effect subsides.

I noticed that the heat of florida is not bothering me as much as it did on the first few days. I even sat outside with friends buy their pool and felt ok. Also my body temperature has returned to normal. It had been slightly elevated.

I'm taking 50 MG of Benadryl twice a day this seems to keep the brains zaps at a lower frequency. Now I just have to wait to see how long that the brain zaps last and when I can decrease the Benadryl. But at least the Benadryl is also helping keep my sinuses clear!

Good luck to all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users