Not Sure What Topic To Put This In?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Notsureaboutit_*

Guest_Notsureaboutit_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

So I must fess up, I don't know what topic to put this in, sorry
I started bead counting and got antsy and could not do the slow thing although I knew I could be in for a tuff road, I don't have patience!
And am losing patience here because I don't know where to put my comments, although I am reading everyone's
So I started bead counting and my first time I took too many out and had withdrawals, I posted here cause I was confused and heard that yes indeed I was going through withdrawals - so I went back to my normal 30mg for a few days to stabilize, I got stabilized, then took 3 out, and did ok, day 2 took 5 out and did ok, next day took 13 out did ok, next day took 22 out and did ok, and today took 32 out and did ok all day! But I am waiting for the sh--t to hit the fan...so think I am putting more pressure on myself because I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms. now I am worried, will I just hit the fan at some point or can I continue?
I almost feel like as I continue to read everything here that a I am getting more stressed out! And yet I want the knowledge and education of everyone's experiences!
Ok so I fessed up! Not sure where I will go, since I only have 2 pills left and my dr hasn't refilled my RX, I called to have it refilled but no luck so far tomorrow I will show up at her office if I don't have my RX filled, umm do a I seem a tad irritated?
🙀

#2 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Justifiable irritation!  

I was also at 30mg and other than insomina, some nausea, and an overall mania - I was good to go!  It wasn't until I got about halfway through the beads (at that point I wasn't even counting them - just dashing them out like sugar) that things got uglier.  Honestly - I just felt like I was going on high for days - but not necessarily negative.  A little hyper - but good. 

I said just the other day on another post - I joked about if this was all there was I was golden.  

Don't sweat it if you're not experiencing what other people are.  Some things I have experienced have only lasted a day or two and then they are gone.  Some I never had.  Some come and go.  

I wish there was a guide that said on Day A with Dose B you get symptoms C,D, and E.  

I'd say = it's working for you for now.  Relax.  Celebrate it.  Keep going.

(And a few people have purchased the empty capsules and fill those with the extra beads - which is a far better idea than mine which has been tossing out the extras.....)

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

NSAI, I agree with Amy! There isn't any fixed rule, no specific guidelines ... it's all very much dependent on how each individual reacts at each step/bead of the way ...

I had to chuckle a bit, because when I first read your post I thought you were complaining because you haven't had any symptoms hit after each reduction ...  now I realize that you're worried that even tho' it's been going okay so far, you think the whole shitload of symptoms may hit you all at once ....

Okay, first of all ... frustration ... with where to post on this forum ... yep... we've all had that... so not to worry...just post ...we'll see it and get back to you!

Second, that you haven't had any bad/hard symptoms so far is wonderful! Don't push yourself into having them, don't worry that you haven't had many/any .... if they happen, they happen... and you'll deal with them ... "if and when"...is not "here and now" ... so no need to deal with that now... 

Third, yes, do get your rx refilled ... and yes, if it will help you save $$$, rather than throw out the beads you remove, get the empty capsules to put them in to use for future doses  ...

Lastly, you might want to slow down a bit on the number of beads you're removing, and/or hold for a few days at each level ... that'll give you a bit of extra time to see how your brain/body are reacting to the reductions... also, many of us have noted that as we get to the lower doses/bead numbers, the symptoms do hit harder, etc.... so, slowing down would let you determine how this plays out for yourself. (I'm not really a good one to speak to this, as I quit cold turkey, the hardest of the hard ways to get off the shit.)

Hang in there... and keep posting ... the good, the bad, the ugly.... the funny, the sad, the angry ... whatever ... that's what this place is for!

#4 Guest_Notsureaboutit_*

Guest_Notsureaboutit_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Hi
I have weaned down to taking 40 beads out of a 30mg. I did get my RX refilled so I have a month supply, and got gel caps to put all those silly beads in. The other day, I thought I would get a black placemat so I could actually see those little suckers, man do they jump!
I have done absolutely nothing but sleep for the last 3 days. no real Side affects other than sleep, sleep and more sleep! Oh teeth clenching too, so 2 side affects.
This evening my husband said I haven't seemed like I am too excited about anything these days! I agreed, I told him not that I feel unhappy at all, just sorta bla, ho hum....think I am still waiting for the sh- t to hit the fan each day, waiting for the bad side affects..not that I want them, I just don't see how I am getting out without them, so I am anxious about it, and that is the only thing I have to be anxious about right now. can't do a whole lot anyway since it's 110 outside where I live.
guess I will sleep my way through my weaning process! I did ask the pharmacist about weaning and he gave me the standard answer of take one every other day ( as I have read here, that seems to be the standard idiot answer)
That's it, I am still reading everything I can here from others to continue learning...and will continue the road and see how it goes.
my next doc appt isn't until aug 18th.
Thanks all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users