BlueViolet66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBarrie, Ontario Canada
  • why_joining:
    Coming off Cymbalta and need advice!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hey there, I was on a 60 mg does of Cymbalta for just over a year. I was suddenly suffering from migraines and the need to nap every afternoon for the past 2 months so I my doctor decided to "wean" me off the drug. I was given a prescription for a 30 day supply of 30mg and then nothing from there. I am now on day 3 of nothing and feel like my head is going to shock right off my shoulders! I was wide awake at 2am this morning before giving in to taking an anti nausea med so I could sleep. I must say that it worked really well at getting rid of the brain shocks and I did sleep well after that. But I don't really want to take it every night. I have been taking a time release vitamin b complex and omega 3-6-9 to try to help this hell too. Not much is feeling like it is working right now though. I mean I guess it could be worse. I certainly have not wound up in emerg which is good. I just keep telling myself to hold on and get through this. It WILL pass... it must!! If there is anything else someone is doing to help with their symptoms that is working please let me know. I can't sit and read through all the boards, it hurts my eyes and head and I start to feel sick after too long on here. In fact just typing all this is becoming a chore. So please help if you can!!

Thank you for putting this board up, I am so glad I am not alone!!
Violet

#2 erica247

erica247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join this forum because I'm experiencing some severe withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta! I've read through many of the posts and I'm so "relieved" that others are feeling the same way! I have so many questions to ask!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hi Violet! I hope you are doing better today! I joined this site on monday and it has really been a great help reading through so many of these posts! Although I feel like I need to wear my sunglasses cause this site sure is bright! Lol! It's been 11 days for me and I am feeling better somewhat. The agitation and crying spells are still here as well as the bouts of vertigo, but the brain zaps aren't near as bad and my stomach issues are better! I'm still sweating like crazy too! Everyone that comes to my house feels like they're in an igloo! Lol! What brand of Omega's are you taking? There are a million out there and I don't know what the heck to get!

Hugs,
Erica :>

#3 BlueViolet66

BlueViolet66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBarrie, Ontario Canada
  • why_joining:
    Coming off Cymbalta and need advice!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

Hi Erica! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I got REALLY bad for the last couple of days. Today seems to be pretty good though... so far =) I take the Jamison brand Omega 3-6-9. One in the morning and one at night. I really do believe the this and the B complex is helping immensely. AND cutting out caffeine!!I haven't had a coffee (trust me this is HUGE) in 3 days now. I have been drinking green tea instead. The other thing I have found that really works well, especially with the brain zaps is Gravol. I don't know where you are, I am in Canada. Gravol is an anti nauseate and wow has it ever helped!!

Keep me posted as to how you are doing too!!

Hugs,
Violet

#4 erica247

erica247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join this forum because I'm experiencing some severe withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta! I've read through many of the posts and I'm so "relieved" that others are feeling the same way! I have so many questions to ask!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

Hi Violet! I'm so glad you are having a good day! You're the first person I've met from Canada! Awesome :> I live in good old Charleston, West Virginia! I'm going to look for those Omega's your taking and start on some B's also! I occasionally take Phenergan (also an anti-nausea med) for my dizziness/brain zaps before bed cause it unfortunately makes me sleepy! Today I'm feeling pretty decent! A little dizzy but not near as bad! Hopefully the worst is over for us!? Do you have sudden crying spells and agitation? Thiose have been awful! I'm glad my husband is out of town for a few more weeks! Not really glad, but I hate for him to see me this way! I've even snapped at him over the phone :< He has read through some of the posts on here and at least understands what's going on! Are you having pretty weather up there? I find sitting outside on my porch with my dogs is nice and relaxing!

Hugs,
Erica :>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users