#1 4kidsandthatsall

4kidsandthatsall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    Elizabeth Smith ans I am suffering withdrawal symptoms

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

I would love some input on how hard it was to lose the weight this devil drug made me gain. I've put on 32 pounds in a year and no matter how much I worked out, I couldn't lose any. Will stopping this 'medicine' help me?

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

4kidsandthatsall:
A lot of us experience 'cravings' as we withdraw from Cymbalta for the first month or two. I got on a carb and sweet thing...not at all my normal. But, that weight came off as I was able to take control of my eating. I have NEVER had an issue with eating control; only when I quit Cymbalta. Oh well, I felt so bad and had other things I couldn't control as I withdrew. I bit my lip until it hurt, I LIKED the hurt, had to have the hurt???? Same with digging my fingernails under my thumbnail??? What the ????? That along with the other things like the digestive issues, sweats, swhooshing, vertigo, aching and swelling in my hands and feet...... Sweet! So glad that's over.
Houdi

#3 renee

renee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am withdrawing from Cymbalta. I needed some help.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

I gained weight on Cymbalta. It was one of the things that forced me to take notice. Since I'm taking it for arthritis and my frame is tine (that's not to say that I am tiny) I didn't think that the extra weight and general feelings of lethargy were doing me any good.
I'm reducing my dosage, and yes, I can see and feel some weight loss. My scale says about 3lbs in 5 days, but that could be because of the water I'm drinking.

#4 SadSarah

SadSarah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am looking for people with the same experiences I am having. I need to know more about this medication and the withdrawl so I know I am not the only one having a horrific experience.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

Houdi:

I am weaning off cymbalta now and I too have huge food cravings. So far, this month, I have gained 5 lbs while trying to get off this medication. I can't tell if it's b/c it is comforting to eat, or if it really is making me more hungry. Anyhow, I am trying to go for more walks and write down what I eat. Writing down what your eating is always good so that you don't get out of control.

#5 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

SadSarah:

Great idea starting a food journal. That's taking great control. :) Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users