Photo

Could It Be After Being Off This Hell Drug Over 4 Months That I....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

had a "meltdown" yesterday morning????

A screaming, nasty, ugly display of vile temper....

Of course I apologized to my DD who caught the brunt of it.

I just don't know how long the lasting effects of this poison will be hiding in the crevices  of my brain.

Of course being diagnosed this past March with  Hashmotos thyroid disease and the endocrinologist,

try as he might can NOT get my thyroid levels where they should be makes me wonder if this is the

cause of this episode yesterday. I dunno but I just wanted to touch base with my wonderful supportive

friends here on the Cymbalta forum. Because it is "here" that I know that I can be as honest about these

experiences as I need/want to be.

Have a blessed day all. Prayers from TheEquusWoman

#2 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Oh,Dear EquusWoman, I'm sorry about yesterday:(. I don't know how long either...I'm trying so hard to take, like an alcoholic/addict,
'one day at a time!' Please don't 'guilt out' about losing it with your precious daughter! I read about her in post you wrote that had be bawling on one of those emotional breakthrough days off this crap.

I, too, have Hashimoto's!! Been dealing with it for 6ish? years (that memory loss on C:/ ) Supposed to have my levels checked every 3 months, as they fluctuate & have been hard to regulate, but have been lazy about it for the last 8 months in just not caring about my health issues:( My skin is uber dry, losing hair & gaining weight along with mood dumping:/ I have an appt tomorrow to see endo & get bloodwork order...I'm quite sure the 2 months of stopping the C has been a contributor to the aggravated symptoms as well, but who the heck knows?!

Blessings & cyber hugs, Rebecca

#3 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Oh, good grief!! My spelling & wording is awful...I didn't check it before I posted, urrgghh! Hope you understand my reply! Be well;)

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I just don't know how long the lasting effects of this poison will be hiding in the crevices  of my brain.

Of course being diagnosed this past March with  Hashmotos thyroid disease and the endocrinologist,

try as he might can NOT get my thyroid levels where they should be makes me wonder if this is the

cause of this episode yesterday. I dunno but I just wanted to touch base with my wonderful supportive

friends here on the Cymbalta forum. Because it is "here" that I know that I can be as honest about these

EquusWoman.  So sorry to hear of this 'meltdown' you experienced yesterday...Gee, I'm hoping it's just that you were having a bad day from the thyroid issues you are experiencing.  You have been so strong for so long, it would not surprise me if this was just what prompted this emotion. 

My prayers are with you, my friend...Thank you for keeping us posted...

#5 Guest_Pheobster_*

Guest_Pheobster_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Equuswoman,

I am so sorry you had the meltdown. They are so frustrating (in my experience) because you simply can't stop one once it gets started. Even if you can see yourself doing it.

I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease after the birth of my first child. That was 1980 and it took a while for the meds to work and for the docs to get them stable. So much comes into play with the Hashimotos....age, hormone levels, stress factors, this poison still resonating in your nervous system are just a few.

From a mental health worker stand.....
Try to take a minute and look at the events just prior to the meltdown...time of day, people around, noise levels, were you physically comfortable, too hot too cold, all of them....then see what the trigger may have been. You know the combo or one event just prior to the meltdown...were you hungry thinking of something unrelated but upsetting. With the Hashimoto being uncontrolled, stress alone can bring that on.

Another thing as you have all told me take it easy and remember one moment at a time.

You know they have found traces of anesthesia in people up to a year after a surgery why on earth wouldn't this garbage still be floating around in our brains after only 4 months???

#6 Guest_Pheobster_*

Guest_Pheobster_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Oh, good grief!! My spelling & wording is awful...I didn't check it before I posted, urrgghh! Hope you understand my reply! Be well;)

CymSik,

First off I LOVE your user name! Second....You will be able to spell again, I promise!! Today is the first day I have not had to go back and try to remember what on earth I was trying to type cause it was such a jumbled mess. Today anyway it is only about two words per sentence. Hang i there the brain will repaire itself!

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Actually they have found detectable amounts of Cymbalta in the blood as much as 6 months after stopping use. Cymbalta is very fat soluble and as such is stored in the liver and fat tissue. They believe it is slowly released over time.

#8 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Carletta thank you so much for your prayers. Today has been a better day for me.

Love and prayers for you from TheEquusWoman

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

fishinghat, Ah thanks for your info about the Cymbalta that may possibly hanging out in my liver...

That does make sense to me. Having been off the poison for about 4 months yep I'm thinking that

is the case. What a nasty crap drug this has been for me. I will continue to take it a day at a time and

do the best that I can.

I am forever grateful for you!

God  bless you, always

TheEquusWoman

#10 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

FH...

Oh my, does this mean that until the excess weight is lost I will still be carrying around and having this crap released into my system?   Omg....

And after 7 months (just starting 8th month, it's still in my liver too! :(

#11 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

Cymsik, .please get your thyroid checked. Hashomotos dz is enough to deal with on top of having w/d symptons

from the Cymbalta poison. My hope and prayers are with you. Please let me know how you are doing.

TheEquusWoman

#12 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

FH...

Oh my, does this mean that until the excess weight is lost I will still be carrying around and having this crap released into my system?   Omg....

TryinginFl... Please don't think this will happen to you...I'm no expert in this field what so ever...although if you read what Fishinghat stated, little traces were found up to 6 months after.  You have been off for 7 months...  this also doesn't mean it's stored in you...  try and not worry about 'the uncertainity'.  You focus on your anxiety and do what is best for you.  Prayers to you.....my friend

#13 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Out of "likes" - Thanks, Carleeta!

I'm working on the anxiety and am taking 1/2 of 1 mg Alprazolam about 4-5 times a day.  Feeling only slightly better today and then tomorrow is the trip to Honolulu.  This is providing the flights are operating based on that blasted hurricane, however.  Man, when I have premonitions, I really have them! :(

#14 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

FH...

No it won't stay inside of you as long as you have weight gain. As soon as Cymbalta is out of your blood (3 or 4 days off the med) then the Cymbalta in your fat and liver will slowly start diffusing out into the blood. With time the Cymbalta would all be lost from your body whether you lost weight or not. The thought among some researchers is that this is one of the reasons that the withdrawal lasts so long in some people. As long as some Cymbalta diffuses into our blood we are at risk of more withdrawal. BUT as we know it is not permanent. Eventually all the crapalta leaves our body.

#15 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Thanks, FH....

I still have about 15 lbs to lose and was hoping I was not still carrying around this crap!   Hoping that my liver is or will soon be free of this shit as well...

I apologize to all as my mental state is really questionable at this point - I haven't felt this bad since my first 2 or 3 months off and aside from anxiety cannot figure out what is going on with me. 

I am really scared  right now.

#16 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

Out of "likes" - Thanks, Carleeta!

I'm working on the anxiety and am taking 1/2 of 1 mg Alprazolam about 4-5 times a day.  Feeling only slightly better today and then tomorrow is the trip to Honolulu.  This is providing the flights are operating based on that blasted hurricane, however.  Man, when I have premonitions, I really have them! :(

TryinginFl.  Yes, definitely I truly believe you have premonitions, as I do also.  Therefore, I know how premonitions are.  Always having to check my premonitions from my fears... I do see how this storm/hurricane is really heading towards Hilo, Hawaii... What I see is how they are now trying to fly into this storm to check on it's severity and sort of, direct direction.  I'm keeping track of this storm for you, TryinginFl, as I am sure you and your son are. 

I'm happy to hear you are stabilizing on your meds.  It's better to take them in cases like this than not.  It's ok to take them on a steady basis for a while, and you can lighten them up when your body and mind tells you you can.  Please keep in touch...Prayers and thoughts to you my dear friend

#17 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Liz

"Man, when I have premonitions, I really have them!  :("

I was thinking maybe you could get a long brightly-coloured Zodiac robe, a couple of pounds of gaudy jewellery, a gold tooth, and open a booth at the airport just outside of Security! lol

Hopefully the Hawaii leg of the trip will go smoothly. Take care.

#18 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Carletta thank you for your positive thoughts and prayers.

You remain in mine. Hugs from TheEquusWoman

#19 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

lol no worries about the spelling. It take a while for our brains to engage in the thinking mode again after coming off this crap drug!

#20 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

TIF focus on the anxiety don't worry about the "what if's"....

Prayers for you from TheEquusWoman

#21 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

TM...

LOL   - right you are! :lol:

#22 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Liz

"Man, when I have premonitions, I really have them!  :("

I was thinking maybe you could get a long brightly-coloured Zodiac robe, a couple of pounds of gaudy jewellery, a gold tooth, and open a booth at the airport just outside of Security! lol

Hopefully the Hawaii leg of the trip will go smoothly. Take care.

Hehehehe ... when I lived in Florida about 20 years ago, the Hari Krishnas had a virtual monopoly on the Orlando airport ... shaved heads, saffron robes, drums, chants, you name it ... I just had an image of our dear TFL in all the finery suggested by TM ... in direct competition with "the Hairys" ... engaged in heavy duty spiritual warfare to win customers .... :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users