#1 Lisalisa112

Lisalisa112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am getting off cymbalta and having same symptoms

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

I can't tell you how amazing it is to have found this site. I just started weaning off a cymbalta a couple of weeks ago, after being on for a year and half and feeling great, and it got so bad when I switched to every other day that I just never made it to weaning totally off. I got moody, irritable, crying jags I hadn't had in ages.. it's been a nightmare. And on top of it all, I just felt like a failure. I'd been feeling so good for so long, and had such high hopes for going off of it, that feeling like I was depressed all over again just really freaked me out. I'm going to read the rest of the posts and see what your experiences have been, and then I'm going to talk to my dr. about it as well. I was just kind of dealing with it, and talked to my therapist (who is not my drug prescriber) and she said I should stay on it, and its probably just the way I am... but I don't know about that. After reading all your posts, and also getting some emotions back and a sex drive once I lowered the dose and went off, I'm thinking.. maybe it's just the way cymbalta is making me.

I'm just glad to have found you all.

#2 erica247

erica247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join this forum because I'm experiencing some severe withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta! I've read through many of the posts and I'm so "relieved" that others are feeling the same way! I have so many questions to ask!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hi Lisa! I am new on here as well and it's amazing to find so many others who are experiencing the same thing! I too was afraid that I was just slipping back into my depression and felt that I'm just destined to have to be on meds for the rest of my life. Even my friend suggested I get back on the Cymbalta because I just didn't seem myself lately. I thought she was right and almost headed back to my psych to tell him I should get back on the med. But I really want to prove to myself and my family that I don't need meds to be happy. Yes I have gone through some pretty major depressive episodes but I'm in a different place in my life now. It's been 10 days for me and I haven't had a crying spell today and the dizziness or brain zaps aren't as bad. I found this site yesterday and read through hundreds of posts and I now have hope that these side effects are going to go away soon. Have you tried any of the supplements that people have suggested? Good luck to you! I know we can do this! :>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users