Photo

Anyone Use Buspar To Help With Anxiety During Taper And After Discontinuation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm trying to get my tool chest equipped with things to help me in the event I need something.

#2 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I have wondered the exact same thing. i know about buspar but have never taken it. i had a co-worker who told me she took it for awhile. in her case it didn't work well, but she was the type of person who seemed to work really hard at worrying about stuff  - so i'm not sure she gave it a fair shake. 

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

I have taken buspar for years. It has few side effects. (As Carleeta would say...Yippeee (sp)). It works by controlling seratonin BUT it is very weak. I feel like it generates a more positive attitude but that is just my opinion. A good tool but it is not going to control anxiety by its self. OH yeah, no withdrawal.

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Here's the wiki article on buspar (buspirone) ... it's a serotonin agonist (enhances/increases it), and, interestingly, according to wiki, it's also a dopamine antagonist (decreases it) ... acts differently than benzos, hence the no withdrawal issue ... also, those who are taking it shouldn't eat grapefruit or drink the juice ... that increases the drug's potency ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buspirone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users