• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thank you TFL
I have heard about "those last 20 beads" many times. I just refuse to refill another month of this crap. I can't imaging feeling worse than I already do so ill just keep with this schedule.
Depressed about a few real life issues that would make anybody depressed. I might just as well get it over with.
Misery loves company.... Or so they say...

#62 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

My puppy is 7 months old as of Christmas day.

My daughter is back home with Spaghetti (her dog) and he and Benzo are bast friends. Benzo is nearly the same size as Spaghetti. They look so cute together. They are the same color, spots and all.

That is just about the only positive I have right now. I don't even feel like venting but I'll give you a hint: My daughter is home! If I only had a time travel machine I would never have taken SSRI's during my pregnancy. fml

#63 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Happy to hear from you, Renee! 

Would love to see a pic of Benzo and Spaghetti together - my Bentley and Sherman get along well together too! :)

How did your Christmas go - at least acceptable? 

Just remember - we are all here for you when you are feeling it's time to vent :angry: ... and remember, no "if only's" !!

If we don't hear from you before, I wish you a much better New Year - and that goes for all of us!!

Love and hugs,

Liz :hug: 

#64 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

Happy New Year to you too Liz!

My Christmas was pretty good. There is a lot of stress in the house right now. I'm always stressed around Christmas. At least I didn't need to go to the ER this year like I have the past 3 Christmas's.  

#65 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hang in there ReneeRJ!  Sending big cyber hugs and prayers your way!!!!!

#66 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

Here is Spaghetti on the left tugging with Benzo on the right with a toy that I made for them.

Attached Files

#67 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Gosh, they really do look alike!

Is Spaghetti getting home-made by Renee doggie food?

And dang, you are so creative ... making dog leashes, toys ... dog food ... wow!

#68 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

I make them home cooked food when they have GI problems. Usually I feed them Blue Buffalo and just add a bit of thawed home made treats to it.

I found out that rice is very prone to growing bacteria if not handled properly.

Most people that get GI problems from Chinese food think it is from MSG. It is more likely from rice that has been precooked and stored at room temperature all day.

My husband learned this when he got his Serve Safe Certification.

I love to cook for the dogs but not if it isn't healthy for them.

The dog toys are so easy to make and they love them. I just use Blizzard polar fleece that I cut into long strips in the direction of the fabric grain. Then I braid the strips as i would to make a 4 strand round braid. Like we did with gimp at summer camp when we were kids. It makes a durable stretchy tug toy. 

#69 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

So that's what that stuff was called ... "gimp" .... always wondered ... sounds more like a description of how I felt during the worst of crapalta withdrawal ... ;)

#70 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

Love the pic, Renee! They really do look alike;). I'm with FN, you are so creative, girlie! Is 'gimp' the stretchy, rubbery string used to make the do-das like key chains when I was a kid eons ago?!

#71 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

Yes that flat rubbery string is called gimp where I live. Thank you for the compliments :)

#72 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

Well, I learned something today!  I never heard of "gimp"!  Thank you for explaining it to me! :D 

#73 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

Well I need to vent my Doggy ' Tale of Woe'    I have a 4y/o shih-thu brown with a black face really looks like a bear /monkey and of course the love of my life.  8 days ago we were on a walk plus my 2 and half year old g/daughter.  Dog was on a retractable leash - dashed out seeing another dog and got side-swiped by a speeding car  OMG --amazingly he survived but lost his left eye.  I now know what PTSD is it was a horrible few days with him in the Emergency ccu -surgery and pain and then the cost of close to $5,000 .  While I held him after the accident I pleaded 'dont die on me Toby -I need you .  Well he is home and adjusting well -home made gourmet food and Im ohh so grateful.   Happy New Year Greetings to all of You !!  I will post a pic of Toby when his eye is healed .

#74 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

Wow ZappAlta. That must have been terrifying

I worry about my dogs as much as I worry about my children.

I'm glad to hear that Toby is alive and will be well (minus an eye) and that your granddaughter wasn't hurt.

I used to use a retractable leash for Benzo when I first got him until I heard horror stories like yours. Right here in my small town a small dog was killed when he was hit by a car while on a retractable leash.  

The leashes I make are adjustable from 6 feet, for around my dead end street and on wooded trails, to 3 feet for city walking. I like to keep them close to me.

Wishing Toby a quick recovery  :hug:

#75 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

oh Zappa, I am so sorry ... for you and for Toby ... our pets become so much a part of us .. and are with us, there for us, in all the moments we are the most alone and vulnerable ... I'll add Toby to my prayers ... :hug:

Please keep us posted on how he's doing ... and how you're doing, too, Zappa .... I love your posts (well, not this one), and would surely love it if you stopped by to visit us more often!

#76 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

Awww Zapp,

I have tears reading your post.  I am so sorry about Toby but so happy that he will be OK.  Thankfully, your granddaughter was not hurt.

I know exactly how you feel - my dogs are my children and I don't know what I would have done without their love during this whole withdrawal/discontinuation process - they have been right here for me and watched me cry and silently came to sit close to me.

Special prayers for Toby - please do post a picture of him when he is healed.

Love and prayers,

#77 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

Oh, Zappa:( My heart goes out to you, dear soul. I am so happy Toby survived. Good grief, I don't think I will use the retractable leash on my papillon ever again! What a horrible trauma you suffered along with your little granddaughter, not to mention your baby boy! Glad Toby is home now and adjusting well. Poor little guy. I lost two dogs three years ago within six months of each other. One was a 10year old papillon and the other a 7yr old yorkie. I had both since they were pups. It still hurts three years later. My thoughts and prayers are with you, sis. Keep us posted and would love to see a pic of Toby when he is better.

#78 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

zappa, wow. i am so sorry to learn about toby, that must have been terrifying. i echo what the others said, i am very glad that you and your granddaughter are okay. i get so ticked off at speeders and unconscious people. i live on a road that is 45 mph but people go 60+ all the time. we have no sidewalk and when my husband and i take our walks it can be very scary. there is a grassy shoulder that is very wide but some of these trucks it seems like they go out of their way to swerve right close to the shoulder. most are on cell phones. we turn off our main road onto a side road  but its about a 1/4 mile before we do.

#79 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

I hope Toby is feeling better.

During the 15 minutes it took me to take my son to school this morning, my two dogs got into a bag of garlic that I store on the counter and they ate a huge piece of garlic bread left over from last night. I had It sealed in a zip lock bag but they sniffed it out anyway. I had to give them each a dose of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. It worked quickly enough and they are both sleeping. I'm going to join them in a nap. 

#80 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

DWC,

OMG, girl!  Those 2 dogs are really a handful!!  :o Happy to hear that you got it taken care of and hope you all have a good nap! :)

#81 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

gee, I didn't know that garlic / garlic bread was bad for pooches ... man, the stuff on learn here ...

BTW, how the hell do you get hydrogen peroxide into a dog? ;)

#82 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

FN I just put it in a bowl with a spoonful of blueberry yogurt. They loved it ;)

FYI to induce vomiting in a dog you give them 1 tsp (5ml) per 10 pounds that your dog weighs. Both my puppies are around 50 pounds so they each got 5 teaspoons. You can only use the 3% type of hydrogen peroxide that you get at the pharmacy. Never give your gog the kind of peroxide that is used to bleach hair. (As if anybody would. I just thought I would mention the obvious)

#83 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

Very helpful info!  In all the years I've had dogs, I've never (thankfully!) had to induce vomiting, but I am happy to know this - anything can happen :o

Thanks, Renee! :)

#84 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Your welcome.

I'm very careful with my pills but if one of my pets found one and ate it, I know what to do..

#85 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

Well I am grateful for all of your kind feedback  posts--Huggies to all of You sincerely.   Toby on Sat developed a huge fluid filled eye lid -another vet trip and antibiotics. They suggested taking him back for surgery revision today Mon (but Momma here ) decided on her own surgery :) which was to puncture the area with a sterile needle thereby releasing the fluid - warm saline compress and he is almost healed.  I will see the Vet surgeon on Wed to have his sutures removed.I still give him a tiny amount of pain med and he is eating and bouncing around happily.    Thanks for that helpful info on Peroxide I never knew about this -around here wild mushrooms are everywhere and a few dog walkers had emergency trips .

#86 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Zapp,

I'm so happy that you were able to take care of Toby's problem yourself and I'm glad that he is happy and bouncy - wonderful! :D

#87 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

Zappa, that's amazing that you were able to take care of the eye thing yourself ... Toby must totally love and trust you to hold still long enough for you to do it ... :)

#88 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Zappa you are amazing!
Toby is a lucky little guy to have you for his Momma. I'm so glad that he is doing so well :)

#89 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

My poor Benzo split his paw open on Wednesday. He bleed a lot but didn't require any stitches. He keeps taking the bandage off but at least it is not bleeding anymore.

Then yesterday his partner in crime, Spaghetti, knocked the bottle of antibiotics off the counter. Benzo ate 11 capsules of the 20 in the bottle. He vomited it up and was pretty mellow the rest of the day.

He seems fine today :unsure: I just wish I could shake this funk I'm in.  

#90 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

Awwww, the poor puppy!  How did Benzo hurt himself?  Those 2 guys are like having 2 more kids, right?

Glad to hear that he is doing better now.

You poor gal, it's always something, huh? :o

Take care of you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users