#1 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Hello there,

I need a little support, in this ugly and difficult experience. I have been getting off Cymbalta crazy poison from 60mg to now 70 beads by taking 5 beads a week. It has been relatively a good process this way. Especially when compared to quitting cold turkey, as I tried months ago. That was true hell. I can’t believe how strong this “medicine” affects neurochemistry and how this latter affects “reality”. Not to mention how hard is to get off of it.

So now I went down from 80 to 70 beads in these last two weeks. I had some changes in my life´s routine that were not positive (moved to another city and I have been getting less sunshine, having trouble getting good fresh fruits, less physical activity and more stress).

I have been experiencing subtle suicidal thoughts, a lot of anxiety, very fatigued and grumpy, depressive, sleeping a lot, I feel like my brain is so slow and not coordinated (especially when speaking to others), I find social interaction and doing more to help myself very difficult feeling this way.

For example I tried some days ago to quit smoking cigarettes…boy I felt anxiety.

By the way the 80 /10 /10 RV diet helped me a lot. I really recommend trying it. We all know from our experience that what we put into our body makes a big difference… I was amazed of the big burden my body was having eating so much crap. I experienced feeling better and making this process easier.

Because of some hard health issues I started having the Cymbalta but now I don’t now which is worse. My disease, or getting off this thing.

Can you share your experiences of quitting these last beads and the weeks and months after? Will I feel better; everything looks very dark these days.

Thanks to the ones who have shared info and experiences before; it has helped a lot in this process.

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hi GettingOff, I replied to your post about getting off over in the other thread you started ... so pop over there ...

For here, I want to ask you what the 80-10-10 diet is ... I don't think I've ever heard of it ... how long have you been on it, what are the results, etc. etc....

By the way, yes, life after Cymbalta is well worth the struggle to get off of it ... there is light ... it's at the end of the tunnel, and it's not the proverbial "oncoming train," although on the hard days is sure can feel that way ... you're going to make it! :)

#3 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

Check out the book 80 / 10 / 10 Diet by Dr. Douglas N. Graham.

You can find a lot of well explained information about nutrition.

I have been doing it for a month, but still transitioning, when I can do it as it is suggested I very good. Still I´m smoking a lot and sometimes I follow my cravings of junk food, and then I see the clearly negative consequences.

Maybe the PDF is online; there are very interesting videos on YouTube also.

Basically it suggests a low fat (even vegetable raw), low animal protein diet and eating a lot of delicious raw, ripe fruits and vegetables.

No dairy, no flour (gluten).

This is a very poor summary; really recommend better going through the book.

Also The China Study is a great book.

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

Very interesting, I'll check that out this evening!

Those cravings ... carbs, sweets, nicotine ... are indications that your brain is craving serotonin ... the serotonin that it's lost due to the reduction in crapalta ... tryptophan might help, it's a precursor metabolite to serotonin  ... just read all of our cautions about using amino acids, starting in very low doses and increasing gradually ...

There are a lot of foods that boost tryptophan as well ...

#5 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

Thanks FiveNotions,

For me trying to find the balance between lowering the doses of cymbalta, good nutrition, avoiding substances, these cravings of junk food and sugars and the anxiety has not been easy at all.

BUT every decision I can take towards a healthier lifestyle means a better tomorrow, and is definitely worth the investment and the struggle.

Faith in a better tomorrow when you are feeling son messed up is not easy but it might be the strongest force to get out of the hole.

Thanks for your support! This forum has helped me a great deal; I have been following for some months now. It would have been extremely hard to reduce the cymbalta without it.

I really hate big pharma, you can tell either they are very irresponsible, ignorant (don’t think so) or (my guess) that they only care for big profit regardless of the damage they do to people who are going through a really bad time. Maybe all three.

It’s so sick, and the government and FDA suck to. Sold out bastards…

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

I surely, certainly wouldn't have "made it" without this forum, the wonderful people here.... who are now my treasured friends ... and, frankly, I still haven't really "made it" .... I'll never be the same me that I was before the crapalta ... I'm still me, but it's a new me ... I feel alive again, I feel emotions again, I laugh again, cry again ... I treasure every single good moment that I have, and have learned to live through the lousy moments that still arrive...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users