#1 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Evening all. After being on Lexapro for six months due to depression (the first time in 30 years) I asked for a change as I had put on 10kg in the time I was on it - the food going in was to blame, I was seriously hungry all the time, even when my stomach was full, not something I've ever experienced in my life (I'm still only 63kg, not exactly fat, but prefer to be lower than 55kg). Cymbalta was the suggested alternative and I was happy because I lost several kg in a few weeks just because I was eating normally. I was on 30mg per day from sample packs given by the GP. When I reported back that all was well, I discovered that 60mg is the normal 'repeatable' dose, and that doses of 150mg were not uncommon. I was a bit unhappy as I'd felt perfectly well on 30mg. After a few days on 60mg, the side effects were a problem - serious constipation, exhausting dreams, and very dry mouth (a particular problem for me because I have had a pituitary problem since a child and take a drug for that which means I can't just drink what I want). I got uncomfortable blisters in my nose, itchy skin too.

Back to my own GP (who'd been off with swine flu!) who agreed with me, gave me prescription for 30mg, and I'm trying to take it every 1 1/2 days with the objective of tapering it out.

I googled cymbalta withdrawal on Sunday when I started getting the brain zaps. Have to say mine are extremely mild in comparison with what some of you have had to deal with.

I'm very grateful to be able to read of the experiences of others, as it now makes me more cautious about reducing the dose further, in a hurry.

SOOO good to be able to share with others!

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

Welcom MaureenV,
Take great care and be good to yourself. Best of luck...Houdi

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

Thanks Houdi,

You really are a wonderful person for the support you offer to people.

Thanks to the support here I hope to be able to experience a trouble free complete withdrawal. It seems that some can drop large doses and cope reasonably well, while the bodies of others reject the slightest alteration to the drug.

Not feeling you're alone in these situations is a wonderful benefit of the internet.

take care,

Maureen. (Australia)

#4 missratac

missratac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on Cymbalta and want to know what problems would arise in coming off.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:05 AM

Welcome. I hope your withdrawal goes well.

My GP gives me a spray of 'artificial saliva.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users