• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

I haven't taken Cymbalta for 5 days and my world is upside down. I can't eat without being sick, I am confused and dizzy all the time. My brain feels like it is having shock waves go through it. I've tried talking to my family about this but they don't believe that I feel so awful. The only change I've made is stopping the meds because of strong suicidal thoughts and mood swings that made it impossible to want to be around myself or anyone. And when you're a mother to two young children that's impossible. I know I never want to put that poison back in my body, so any help on alleviating some of these symptoms would be so appreciated.

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Welcome tap!

We're happy that you have found us! This is a group of caring, supportive people who want to help...

Going cold turkey is the hardest way to get off of this poison...it is truly the trip to hell - anyone on this forum who has used this method will tell you that - and I am one of them!  I am now off the poison almost 11 months and am still not quite back to where I would like to be.

If you go to our home page and click on "Are you new here" and look down to the left, you will find a forum on "Bead Counting - How to do It".  I strongly urge you to check this out.  It is a much more gentle way to get off this crap and since you have small children to care for, it would be almost impossible to do using the cold turkey method unless you had a good deal of help with them and your home.  Have you discussed this with your husband?

Unfortunately, this is not a 2 week deal - if you use the bead counting, you will have control over your withdrawal instead of the other way around.  We actually had one member who could only remove one additional bead each day, but she did it and has now been off the crap for several months

No one can understand what this is like  because they haven't experienced it.  You are going through typical cold turkey withdrawal and I hate to say it, but this is only the beginning.  Age seems to be a factor as well, so the younger you are, most likely the easier it will be.

You will see that there is also a forum on "Nutritional Support" which has helped some folks.  I did not use any of those things.  I took Alprazolam (Xanax) through the entire time and am still using it for sleep issues, which at this point, is the most I am dealing with currently.  Any benzo will be of great help as anxiety is one of the nasty side effects of going off this stuff.  Do you have any Xanax, Valium or such to help you?  If not, you can easily get a RX from your doctor.

If you have not discussed this with your Dr., I will mention that the majority of them are totally clueless when it comes to this withdrawal.  They only know what the drug reps have told them and that does not include getting off this nasty stuff - only putting their patients ON IT!  Also, they are good at telling you to take it one day, not the next, and thus, putting you in and out of withdrawal every other day.  Due to its short half life it is probably already out of your system - it is now up to your body and brain to begin the repair work.

Please feel free to come back to ask any questions you may have, to cry, rant, whatever - this is a safe place!

I wish you the best and please keep us posted!

Liz 

#3 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Thanks so much for the reply! I have talked to my husband about what I am going through, he just isn't understanding how awful I do feel.

I actually have a RX for Xanax, but due to my husband being our family's sole provider and he was recently injured in an accident the money is tight and I can not afford it. I had looked at easier ways to come off the Cymbalta and seen the beading, but without having the money to pay for my prescription it just isn't an option anymore. Sounds like a sad sap story and that's what makes it harder to talk about with people. I am only 25, so I am hoping with the nutritional help I can do this!

Sleep has been an issue due to vivid nightmares and needing to change clothes throughout the night from the excessive sweating! Makes me feel disgusting, but I know it's probably all a part of this process.

I definitely didn't know anything about the withdrawal! I was put on this about 9 months ago for Anxiety Disorder, but with the recent changes that it caused I knew I didn't want to live with the mood swings and suicidal thoughts. I was told about the energy, better moods and that my anxiety and panic attacks would be next to nothing anymore. Seemed like the cure all, but now I know that's not true. It's poison.

Again, thank you so much! I will be looking into all the nutritional help :)

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

Oh, tap,

I am so sorry that you have to go through this.  Is your RX for Xanax for the generic?  That's what I take, and it helps immensely!

Could you get your husband and/or family to read some of the posts on this forum to help them understand what is going on with the withdrawal?  Also on the home page, on the right, there is a listing of new topics.. the one entitled (cripe - I can't remember exactly!) but it is about a new article about coming off the C.  It is an excellent source of info - it is close to the last new topic on the right.  I'm sure you'll find it - please read it and you can send the link to your family members.

Please keep us posted as to your progress - and yes, hopefully your age is in your favor!!

Liz  

#5 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

I will definitely read that and show it to my family! I let my husband read some of the withdrawal symptoms and told him which ones I was experiencing, but he's the type to not understand unless he's dealing with it. Hopefully he can get past that and understand a bit more. I know I will continue to read info and get help from this page! Until the horror of this is over for good, even though I understand now it's going to take longer than I anticipated.

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Tap, how are you doing?

Just wanted to mention that if money is too tight, get yourself some benadryl.

It sedates you and plays on anxiety. Gravol does the same, but I don't think that you have that in the US.

I also was put on C for anxiety and depressive moods, not only did it not help, on the fourth month on it, I went haywire. Went from 30 to 15, then zero. No bead counting for me, as soon as I would swallow it, I would go in great anxiety mode.

Rough times ahead, but your age plays in your favor.

Hang on tight, others have made it ct, you will also.

Keep posting!

#7 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Gail,

Today has been rough, have cried all day. Last night I got next to no sleep because of nightmares and cold sweats. Benadryl absolutely knocks me out and I can't wake myself up from the nightmares when I take it so I am just trying to get by! I appreciate the support so much! This is the roughest thing my body and mind has ever been through!

#8 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hi tap,

Awww....I'm so sorry to hear about your day.  I remember those horrible crying spells.  They just come out of nowhere and there is nothing you can do but just go with it. :(  Surprisingly, I still find myself crying very easily when moved by something - either happy or sad.  I have always been sensitive, but not to this extent.

I also remember the dreams - very vivid and real and some were downright fun, but none of mine were scary. I'm sorry the Benedryl keeps you from waking up.

Yes, I must say this is one of the hardest things I've done in my life - we all understand.  Please come back as often as you need to - let us know how you are feeling and what is going on with you.  We will try to help you in any way we can...

God Bless

Liz 

#9 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

Tap,

Vivid dreams, nightmares, that is part of the game.
Did not have that like many do. But had that on seroquel, dropped to the lowest dose. But dreams unlimited just the same.

Benadryl, I used day time, for all day control on anxiety. I understand that you can't take it at night because of nightmares and can't wake up. Maybe trying it in the morning could help.

As Liz said, come back any time, sorry to say that there is no easy way out of this.

It sucks, you will get through it. The forum is here for you to help you know that you are not alone in this, your symptoms are the norm and you are not going crazy. Just that the brain needs time to rewire.
Drink a lot of fluids, omega 3, and pray,and let time pass. I know, easy to say, time, hope, patience.

#10 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi tap! I'm sorry I haven't jumped in with prayers and support! Hang in there and yes pray, breathe deeply, be easy on yourself! We've all been where you are and we understand! Keep posting with whatever you need to say! We get it! Hugs and prayers!

#11 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

Thank you all so much! The kind words and prprayers are so appreciated, I only have one family member who understands what I am going through right now. She's my older cousin/oldest friend and she works in the Psych unit of our local hospital. So she has seen patients dealing with what we are all going through and it put them in the hospital. So she has been offering ggreat advice and an ear to listen! Today had been going great until I decided to fix my daughter's bed. Strange how a small task leads to extreme frustration. The brain zaps also started when the frustration started. So here I find myself reading this forum to find peace and advice. So thankful for it. Again, thank you all!

#12 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

tap,

We're all here for you whenever you need us.  I'm happy that we can give you some peace with our posts.

This forum is a safe place for you to let out that anger and frustration - Go ahead and vent!!! :angry: :ph34r:

God Bless

Liz :hug:

#13 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hi...new here. I hate talking about myself and my problems so we'll see how this goes. First off I want to say I'm so glad that I found this forum. Coming off Cymbalta is truly one of the most confusing, scary, and horrible things I've ever been through. It helps to read other peoples experiences. Ok....I need some advice here..maybe someone can help. I was on 60mg cymbalta for a year and a half. Recently decided I wanted to go off of it. Told my doc and she said take the 60 every other day for 2 wks., and that's it I'm done. Well, not knowing anything at all about the horrible withdrawal symptoms I would face, I did it. That was about 3 wks. ago. So currently I am on day 9 of none at all. Needless to say it's been a nightmare. I've been reading a lot about the bead counting method on here. So, what I'm trying to figure out is..do I really want to start over after this much time and start the bead counting?? Or should I just continue on and tough it out. Because from what I've read on here so far, once you start the bead counting and slowly taper down, your still going to experience a lot of the harsh withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully someone can give me some advice that will help me decide what to do. Oh, I forgot to mention I've also been on 150 mg Welbutrin for a little over a year. (I'm not trying to get off the Welbutrin, just thought id mention it)

#14 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Welcome iammiserable!

We're so happy that you found us!  This is a wonderful, caring, supportive group of people that want to help you!

I am a cold turkey survivor of just about 11 months now, and wish I had found this forum before I was 2 weeks into it!  Bead counting is much more gentle - you can control the amount of symptoms you will experience, since you are in control.  You can remove as many beads as you like as long as you are comfortable.  If you begin to experience unbearable symptoms, either go up a few beads and stay there or stay where you are until you stabilize.  Then you can pick up where you left off and begin to reduce again.  We have one member who could only remove 1 extra bead a day, but she made it and has been off the poison for several months now!  It is your decision - those of us who went cold turkey DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!!  It is the trip to Hell and you have absolutely no control.

Your age can be a factor as well, as this is harder on those over the age of 50.  If you are young, you will most likely have an easier time.

The Dr.s are clueless when it comes to getting off this crap - your Dr had you in and out of withdrawal for the entire 2 weeks.  This drug has a very short half life so you were in withdrawal every day you did not take it.

It takes time for the body and brain to heal from this...we don't really know if that takes more time when you use the cold turkey method.  I was on 60 mg for approx. 4 years and just quit taking it.  Not a good idea!!

You can get back on the 60 (or you might try 30mg at this point) and see how you feel in a few days.  When you are feeling stable, then start counting down.  You will be doing yourself a favor by being kind to your body and it will let you know when you have reduced too quickly.  There really is no time line here.  It's over when it's over - period. 

You decide which way you want to go - we will be here to help you no matter what you decide!  I offer my support whatever you choose.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing!

Liz

#15 Madison1

Madison1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    To feel I'm not alone in this hell of antidepressants. Seeing others are having the same symptoms helps me to make it through each day. Hopefully my story will in turn help someone else.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

Liz you are so sweet to everyone. I just love your posts.

I strongly advise not to go cold turkey to get off cymbalta.

I don't have a lot of time to write but will later. Liz had excellent advice!!

#16 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

Madison,

Thank you so much for your kind words. :)

I wish nothing but the best in your discontinuation process - it is really crappy, right?

Love, hugs and prayers,

#17 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

Liz... Thanks so much for making me feel welcome and taking the time to give me your thoughts and advice. Well, I decided to try the bead counting today. I'm pretty nervous about it ....you know, putting it back in your body feels like starting all over again, but I'm hoping it makes things a tiny bit easier..we'll see. I really had no idea where to start, so...for the first day I took out 12 beads?? Of course right now I feel like hell..what an exciting journey this is...NOT!! Oh crap, I used the 60mg because that's all I have right now...reading your post back I probably would have been better off with the 30 I guess...or maybe removing more than 12 beads?? Because right now I feel like I did when I very first started taking it ya know...your head is swimming, so dizzy you can hardly walk, feel like you could vomit at any time...hmm. Wow, this is such an incredibly difficult thing to figure out. Sure wasn't intending on writing all that..guess I'm just a bit freaked out right now at the way I'm feeling. Not that I didn't feel terrible before...but when you take it again, it's a whole different yuck feeling. Oh brother, I need to stop rambling on now. Guess I'm gonna go now and try to figure out how to deal with this.

#18 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Ok, me again. Wondering if I made a mistake with trying the bead counting, because I truly feel HORRIBLE right now!!!! Should I have taken out more beads??? OMG, I seriously can't believe this is happening to me, all I wanna do is cry! Any advice is welcome. Ugh, I'm so pissed! Why did I do this?! Shit, sorry for venting so much, I guess I just feel really desperate and upset right now. Hopefully, someone has some tips for me...maybe I did something wrong idk.

#19 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hey there iammiserable!

I don't think you made a mistake taking the 60mg but you need to give your body time to stabilize.  It shouldn't take but a few days but remember that you were off for 9 days and it was entirely out of your system.  If you want to stay with the 12 beads - don't take out any more until you feel no more withdrawal symptoms.  Stay at taking out the 12 beads until you feel OK and then continue counting down from there.  I would take it slowly at first - your body will tell you if it's too fast!

If you have any questions, please ask!

Good luck and be kind to yourself...

Liz :)

#20 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hey Liz. Omg..thank you so much for responding to my post, I truly appreciate it. I'm totally freaking out right now and it's so good to hear feedback from someone! It's just so crazy, I mean within 15 or 20 min. of taking it this morning, i felt a whole different level of sickness again. I mean, yes the cold turkey has been rough for sure, but today for the first time I felt like my head wasn't pounding as bad as it has been and I thought...ok maybe today won't be as excruciating as the past few days. And I thought I may even be able to eat something and keep it down. Then I took the poison and it went downhill from there. My head is KILLING me, my stomach has shooting pains, I'm so dizzy I can barely turn my head without feeling nauseous. I've been curled up crying for the last 10 min. wondering how in the hell I got here. So...after hearing all that...do you still think I should continue on with the bead counting? Honestly, the way I feel right now, I don't ever want that stuff near me again...I know you can't make my decision, I don't mean that. I just feel so confused and I don't know anyone else that has a clue about any of this. Oh, another question. Would it be ok to take some type of painkiller for some relief or would that just make things worse? Ok...i guess that's it. Once again, thank you so much for your kindness and trying to help me.

#21 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

Oh, I was wondering, if it was completely out of my system because of being off it the 9 days ....then why do I want to start putting it back in my body? I guess I thought it was still in there and that's why I was still experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Ugh I'm so confused and feel like I'm not making any sense...so ya

#22 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Awwww....geez - I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad!

First, let me answer the question regarding it being out of your system.  Yes, most likely it was because it has a very short half life, but the withdrawal is not caused by it being in your system and not taking the crap.  Your body and brain need time to repair and rewire regarding the serotonin which it was kept from producing while on this poison.  This takes time and is different for everyone - I wish I could give you a time line, but there isn't one.

Do you have 60mg or 30mg tablets?  I had 30mg and took 2/day.  If you have 30mg you might try taking only that but you have to get yourself stabilized.

Tapering doing the bead counting is definitely an easier route, even though it may not seem like it right now.  If you choose the cold turkey route, I can guarantee that it will be worse!  (I'm sorry, but it's true).  What you are feeling now will get worse going cold turkey - it should only be a few days if you continue to take the C. and then bead count down.  Obviously, your decision - I wish I could make it for you!

I see no problem with your taking a pain medication - I took (and still do) Hydrocodone, as I have Fibro and arthritis and Alprazolam (Xanax) as a benzo is really helpful for the anxiety that will eventually pay you a visit.  This is not an easy trip and no one who hasn't been on it can possibly understand.  Remember that!

Please feel free to ask whatever else you may think of and keep posting - we really care and want to help you!

Liz 

#23 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Oh hello again. Well, I have the 60mg capsules, also..they are the extended release, I'm not sure if that matters. Thanks for explaining that about it being out of my system completely. Ok, so let me make sure I'm totally clear on this. You feel that starting it up again would really honestly be better than just continuing on the way I was, considering it had been out of my body for 9 days? I guess I was thinking in my mind, that after those 9 days, each day after that, I would start to feel better. But your saying after those 9 days, I would just continue to get worse and not better right?
For some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around this starting up thing again. I'm being kind of stubborn I guess. It just feels like taking 5 steps backwards, when going without it, I really thought I was moving forward, but maybe I'm thinking irrationally, I don't know. Although , I realize you guys should know, because you've been through all this already. Just so much to figure out when it's hard to think straight and make decisions anyways ya know? I seriously don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this forum...it might be the only thing that helps me...no one understands any of this unless they have been through it themselves. I so appreciate your kind words and advice through this...it's very helpful.

#24 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hey again!

Was getting ready to go to church but decided to check to see if you needed any more help before I leave~

Yes, after the 9 days, things would not immediately begin to get better- it could be months! Your body and brain need to heal...  Then again, if you are young, you might be able to beat this more quickly - some have done so in 2 or  3 months.  I can only speak for us older folks!  It is unfortunate that there is first the withdrawal and then the discontinuation period.  I don't know if the extended release makes any difference - anyone else here know???

The advantage to the bead counting is that YOU control the withdrawal - you can hold it at bay by slowly decreasing the amount of the poison you are putting into your body - it is then slowly adapting to not having it, thus helping the repair process and keeping you more comfortable.  I NEVER want to go through that cold turkey ever again, and am now very skeptical about any drugs.  I will stick to what I am currently taking as well as my BP meds and the med for the RLS - I have had that for about 20 yrs!  That's it - and if I need them for the rest of my life, so be it.  Again, it is all about the quality of your life - not being able to say I am med free!

The Dr.s know only what the drug reps tell them and believe me, they know NOTHING about the withdrawal from this poison.  I wish that we could put some in their coffee for several months and then stop and see how they react - they'd finally find out what's it like!!  :angry: heh...heh

I am more than happy to try to help you through this, and being the weekend, it is slow here on the forum or there would be others here to help!  It will improve..

I forgot to mention the forum on "Nutritional Support' that you may also find helpful - many have found help here.

Please keep posting - did you take the pain med, and is it helping? I hope that you are more comfortable now...

I will be leaving in about 20 minutes but will be back this evening to check on you! 

Bless you

PS  If you are young - 20's or 30's, you may want to just go ahead with the cold turkey and stay off of it - your odds are good that it would not last as long as it has for the rest of us!    

#25 iammiserable2014

iammiserable2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:43 PM

Hello there. Oh, thank you so much for checking on me. Ya, I was just thinking that earlier, I really wish that Dr.'s could experience this hell, even for one day. Then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to prescribe it so often. They really are clueless about drugs and how they really affect people. I definitely agree, my goal is not to say " oh good I'm med free for life". It's all about what works for each person and helps you make it through each day in life.
Ok thank you so much for helping me get through this, I appreciate it. Ya I figured it was slow because of the weekend. Yes, I did take the pain med, it helped a little..just made me very sleepy but that's ok.
Oh, btw I'm 33. After reading your post...once I got to the end, I honestly felt like maybe it was a sign. I hadn't read anyone say that about it maybe being a bit easier if your in 20's or 30's. I've been going back and forth all day, worrying, reading your posts and really trying to figure out what to do. It sounds dramatic but I just wanted to figure out what I was gonna do when tomorrow morning rolled around. I can't do the back and forth, I have to figure out something and try to stick with it.
So, in other words..I really feel like I should probably just go back cold turkey and continue on. Hopefully I can stick it out.
I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks so much for your care and sympathy. : )

#26 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

maybe i can add some clarity? if not, ignore me ;-)

yes, stepping back up to 30 would be much better than 60. if you've only got 60, can you get your doc to write you a new 'scrip for the 30's? if so do that monday, fill it and spend a few stabilizing on the 30's. then count out beads at your discretion based on what you've learned on this site in the bead counting threads. i'll see if i can find some links and post them here. if you cannot get any 30's then eyeball the beads in your 60's into two halves. make a 30 by dumping half the beads out. take the other half and put it back into the cap! dont throw the other half away, before you start bead counting, get thee to a health/natural food store and buy some empty capsules. they sell them because people crush herbs and put them in the caps to take as a nutraceutical. for every 60 you split. you are going to put your other half of beads in the empty caps you bought. it would be ideal to count every single one of those beads in your 60 mg cap to figure out a total and then count out half of them to split between two caps. however i totally understand if that's too tedious for the state you're in. um, its tedious no matter what. so if you gotta eyeball it, eyeball it. best to use a flat plate with an edge or something like that so you can separate them without them escaping. 

as for the extended release - all versions of cymbalta/duloxetine are extended release. that's what the beads in the caps are for. they are absorbed slowly throughout the day instead of all at once

#27 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Iam,

I can understand your confusion here, been there. Thinking one thing and doubting on and on.

Yes, age is definitely on your side. Plus side. This has been proven.

Nine days off, even thought ct is not recommended, I would go for it.
Either way, you will make it.

If you were four or five days off, I would recommend reinstating. But you are nine days off and you are young.

Of course it will be an unpleasant trip, it is for all. Minutes will seem like hours, anxiety, nausea will set in one way or the other.

My gut feeling is that you can make this. I say Go for it. Besides, I think that is what you wish for. Get yourself something for the anxiety, benadryl or benzos, that will help.

Liz has been wonderful, and I am not undermining her suggestions.
I love her too much for that.

This is my humble opinion only. My gut feeling.

Keep us posted, we are here for you, whatever route you take.
You will be OK, on the dark side, it won't be easy. Never was for anyone.

Just read Brz post, if not ct, I would go for the 30 also if you decide to reinstate.

#28 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Iam,

Bravo!   Happy that you have made your decision!!

We're all rooting for you - please keep us posted!

#29 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hello Iam,

Reading your posts have really hit home with me. I'm feeling everything you are! Today I have been completely full of rage, I just try to stay hidden so I don't upset anyone or do anything I will later regret. The headaches and such are awful. I've been off cold turkey for over a week now and just get new withdrawal symptoms every day. I can honestly say this rage has been the worst. The swinging emotions make it hard to do anything because you honestly don't know how you're going to be feeling in 5 minutes. I'm glad you decided on the bead counting! This forum has been my savior, so glad you feel the same way! Makes me feel less crazy to vent and ask for help from complete strangers :)

#30 tap9989

tap9989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

Oh, btw! I finally gave in to taking benadryl for some sort of relief! I only took half of one and it still made me fall asleep. But that was the best sleep I've had since this horror began, even if it was only 45 minutes. I will take it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users