• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nicoli046

nicoli046

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

LAst pill in Sep 2014.after on and off use for 9 yeyeers between 90 and 30 mg. For the last 5 days I have have contestant dull pressure headache , especially in front, some minor sharp eye pains and that swooshing ligthednes on and off (car sick feeling). Have normal brains zaps but besides that everything was gone. Now 4 months later this starts

#2 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

so sorry you continue to go through these challenges. that must be very distressing. have you made an appointment with a doctor? if you've spoken with your doctor, what were the results of your appointmnet? have you had any tests run? are the headaches, eye pain and zaps preventing you from engaging in normal day to day activities? i understand brain zaps include a swoosh component - i was spared the zaps during my withdrawal so am not sure what others feel when they get them. 

it certainly appears that you would benefit from meeting with your physician.

take care,

brz

#3 nicoli046

nicoli046

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Yes , I did, See her, it's in my head , dosent really belive in withdrawal , proscibed kolonopin , BP meds and Prozac. She swears to me I don't have a brain tumor, but gave me a slip for and Mri but wants me to wait 6 weeks only gave it to me for my confrot. I had this same headache in summer 2012 mri clean , can't remember if I stopped meds then , then I had it again in summer 2013 it went away in a week or so and I did stop the meds 2 months prior. It's the headache with nausea that scares me. Internet points to brain tumor ever time. My headache has been a dull pressure headache all over but I can actually feel my sinuses flare up for momnent at a time.

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

Nicoli,

Nausea and headaches go hand in hand in discontinuation.
You had those headaches before and all was fine both times.

I think that the anxiety is doing a good job here and scaring the s***t out of you.

Klonopin will help calm this a great deal.

So as not to get lost in the posts and replies from your topic, don't forget to check the box Follow this topic on the upper right side, you will receive instant notice in your e mails.

Fivenotions replied on one of your last topic, don't know if you have read it.

Nicoli, you will be fine, give it time. And get that anxiety down.
The return of symptoms after a few months off is often seen. Happened to many.

As I have mentioned before, read the archives in the What are you feeling and you will see that you are not alone like this.

Keep posting, I know that you are scared, we all were and we understand. Take that klonopin and have a good night!

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

nicoli

I took my last Cymbalta 28 months ago and have had a constant headache ever since. The headache was strong and steady for 2 years, but recently (the last couple of months) has become less acute. It is still there, but thankfully it is tolerable. No OTC meds will touch it.

#6 Amysgarden

Amysgarden

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUS
  • why_joining:
    Kicking the poison out of my life

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

Nicoli, it actually sounds more like a sinus issue, especially at this time of year. Sinus pain and pressure can be totally debilitating and intense.

#7 nicoli046

nicoli046

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

It's not sinuses , I can breath fine.not stuffed up and even if it was sinuses , I don't think that would cause the lighthaded dizziness

#8 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

I have had this problem as I am prone to sinus headaches - actually had a doozy all day yesterday.  I could breathe fine too, but the pressure that builds up can definitely made you lightheaded.  I suggest you try a good antihistamine or check w/your Dr.

We are getting a new weather front moving in - from cold to warm....this will usually cause the barometer to fall and I know it is happening just by the way my sinus headache appears!

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

Nicoli, go easy on yourself ... you've only been off the poison for 4 month! Your brain hasn't finished rewiring and healing ... so yes, you're likely to have quite a few different symptoms, popping up at different times and in different levels of intensity ...

Don't let yourself end up spending lots of time and money for tests for all sorts of diseases and conditions ... and really do not start taking a litany of new meds ... one for each of the symptoms ... the symptoms will pass, but you'll remain on the meds ...

You have zero conscious control over what your brain is doing, what it needs to do, in order to get rid of the crapalta and try to return itself to functioning without it ... don't panic, don't worry, just tell your poor brain that you're giving it all the time it needs to do what it needs to do ... :)

#10 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

nicoli

I agree with what has been said. However, I must refer to the fact that during discontinuation I was convinced I was dying, and went to Emergency twice.

Get your MRI if you are able, and you will have some peace.

#11 Amysgarden

Amysgarden

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUS
  • why_joining:
    Kicking the poison out of my life

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

It's not sinuses , I can breath fine.not stuffed up and even if it was sinuses , I don't think that would cause the lighthaded dizziness

In my experience, sinus problems can cause a wide array of issues. Really has little to do with your breathing. You can have inflamed sinuses with very little drainage, and it can cause dizziness, lightheadedness, pain behind the eyes, pressure headaches. I had chronic problems when I was younger, to the point of being on prescription levels of ibuprofen and nearly needing to have them scraped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users