4 replies to this topic

#1 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

I am going insane trying to get off this med. The doctor decreased it by 30 mg and I went into a manic phase, and also had nightmares that were so awful.

Help me please, does anyone get off this stuff?

Debbie

#2 renee

renee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am withdrawing from Cymbalta. I needed some help.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

I'm new too.
Day three with 60mg every other day. Read Woosh!- that's me.
What dosage were you at before you were reduced to 30mg?
What day are you on at the 30mg?
How long were you on Cymbalta?
Are you working?
Keep writing, I'm a little freaked out too.
Good ting it's hot cuz I'm trying to drink a lot of fluids...

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

I have been on Cymbalta for about 3-4 years. I had been on day on day 6 od 30 mg, and had to call the doctor as I just couldn't
take what was happening. The being Manic, and not sleeping, also the nightmares, and night terrors.

No thank goodnes I am not working, I don't know how I would be able to even function!

thanks for you support, so glad I found this place.

Debbie

#4 luvaniner

luvaniner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    To reassure people they are not losing their minds, these symptoms are real and to relate my own experiences

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hi I posted a reply to "22 days off Cymbalta...." above yours (i'm new at this blogging stuff!) Please read my reply to that -- there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Keep reading posts here. I felt like this site saved my life when I found it! I couln't believe how many people felt the same way I did and it was a relief to find out it wasn't all in my head (just the brain zaps were!). Hang in there and don't give in to going back on it!

#5 shannonalexander

shannonalexander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am coming off of cymbalta after 6 years of Lexepro and and 2 years of Cymbalta

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

Some of the stuff you can take to counter act the side effects are: Benedryl for night time, it helps you sleep, I take 2. I would go to the health food store and ask what they suggest for your mood. If you are not on any other meds that they can counteract with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users