• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 renee

renee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am withdrawing from Cymbalta. I needed some help.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Can Cymbalta cause hypothyroidism?
If you have gained weight and are feeling lethargic and a bit lazy can you add to this thread? It would really give me a piece of hope to keep going with the withdrawal process.
I intend to make my life better than its been in the last two years.

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

renee:

I had hyperthyroidism years ago. MD's killed off my thyroid, so I have to take thyroid hormone. As I withdrew from Cymbalta, my thyroid levels were all over the place. Too much, too little, too much, too little. My MD was flustered. She was changing my synthroid every 6 weeks. Finally I told her I thought it was the withdrawal and we just needed to let this pass until my hormone levels could settle down. Seriously, it takes a while for hormones to adjust, and this was just crazy. My thyroid levels really never changed much until cymbalta and cymbalta withdrawal.

Best to you....Houdi

#3 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join for I have been on Cymbalta for 4 months and am weaning off of it now.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

This is really interesting since my whole purpose of being put on Cymbalta was the anxiety, hot flashes..fatigue....at first talk , I thought I was perimenopausal (having all the symptoms) and the doc thought so too...That is when I was prescribed Cymbalta.....before any blood work was preformed....but I was desperate for relief and anyone that knows me knows I would not take anything unless I absolutly have to...and I felt that way....after a month later and finding out I have hypothryroidism...so I ask if I could come off of Cymbalta after the first month.....it was suggested to me to stay on it until my thyroid levels come down, I agreed not knowing what was going on inside of me....well 5 months later my thyroid levels are not coming down very fast and they to are checking my levels every 6 weeks....and now I am wondering if Cymbalta is doing that too keeping my levels from coming down..my dosage has gone up 3 times so far and my numbers have not come down a whole 2 points yet....my gosh, what kind of drug is this.....I have been weaning for a over a month now maybe I need to mention this to the dr.....CRAZY....take a deep breath, stay calm, don't panic...this I tell myself everyday as I continue to stop this drug....good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users