• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kwannop

kwannop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

Hi I have already stopped taking cymbalta already(about 4-5 days)and I still have nausea and mild depression. What should I do to cope with the nausea. Thank you :))

#2 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

K,

Welcome to the forum,the nausea can go on for a while.
Ginger ale helped a bit, soda crackers. Some chew on ginger roots, I couldn't. Gravol helped a bit. Drinking lots of water.

Have you stopped cold turkey? How long were you in the C? Dosage? Reason?

Look up nausea in the search box, you will find other suggestions. At times nothing helps and you have to wait till it subsides! Others will come in to offer other suggestions.

Any questions, feel free to ask, we are here to help!

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Hi Tan

Yes, I agree with Gail. There are a number of over-the-counter items you might try as well as some traditional and Eastern remedies. However, the nausea from withdrawal doesn't appear to be the same as regular nausea because traditional remedies mostly don't work. Same for withdrawal headaches-- NSAIDS won't help.

You've come off Cymbalta pretty fast and you are in for some discomfort (including the nausea) likely for several weeks. Are you still taking Prozac, and if so, is there a plan to come off that?

Take care.

#4 kwannop

kwannop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

thank you very much gail. I'll try soda cracker but I'm much better now after I finished heavy exercise. I have not stopped cold turkey but I took about 1 week to drop from 30 to 0 with help with prozac, ritalin and methylphenidate.At the beginning, I didn't have noticible side effect but when I stopped last dose I got mild depression and mild nausea.It seems cymbalta doesn't help me depression so I stopped.

thank you very much TM :)) I'm planning to come off prozac as soon as I stable.
Take care too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users