• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jen09

jen09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I just quit taking Cymbalta and would like to discuss withdrawal symptoms with others.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

Today the makers of Cymbalta announced that they have discovered a cure for depression. "We originally intended to develop a treatment for depression," a company rep states, "but soon discovered we were sitting on an actual cure." He went on to explain how it works. Patients who suffer from depression are prescribed Cymbalta for a time, hopefully long enough to experience one (or preferably more) of the many possible side effects. Eventually patients are taken off Cymbalta, and then the real magic begins. "First we hit them with the side effects, then we hit them with the brutal withdrawal symptoms," the rep explained. "By the time these patients fully recover from all the varying symptoms they've experienced, they'll be so happy, they'll never feel depressed again!!!"

DISCLAIMER: Of course none of this is true. I just wanted to bring a little comic relief to the forum. I had this epiphany about being cured of my depression and wanted to share it with you all. I really do feel like I'm going to be so happy when I feel "normal" again. It's nice to know I'm not alone, and it's good to read posts from people who have reached the other side. In the meanwhile, I think that all the top execs at Eli Lilly should be forced to experience all the things people here have experienced. Then maybe they'd think twice about the poison they sell.

Have a good day everyone! :)

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

jen09:

Oh my gosh, that was TERRIFIC. I am as they say....lmao!

Houdi

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hi Jen

All I can say is it's a good thing I wasn't still drinking my tea when I read that!

I suspect there may actually be something in it too - I'm going to be a damned sight more wary of EVER taking anti-depressants again. (Having said that, taking Lexapro for six months DID turn my life around - perhaps even saved my marriage, so who am I to talk?)

#4 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love it!!!! Thank you :)