#1 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

Went to Pain Management Dr. for first time this am.  First of all, had to get up at 630am which is much earlier than normal (usually get up at 830 or 9). 

I don't know if the rage that was provoked is still part of the crap withdrawal/discontinuation as it is not normal for me to get so angry.

I had spent a very long time filling out forms over the past 3 days that were necessary to take along when I went.  I arrived about 10 minutes early and stood at the window with my drivers license, insurance cards and the dreaded forms.

There was a girl sitting towards the back of the inner room who was busy talking and didn't even acknowledge my presence - just looked at me.  I left my stuff at the window and went to sit down.  Finally a different female appeared at the window and asked if I was (my name).  Since I was the only one in the room and my ID and forms were right in front of her, who the hell did she think I was??

I was then given 3 more forms to sign that she said had to be done there in the office - couldn't have been sent to me. :angry:

Another patient came in after me and was called first.  Then another.  When they finally called me in, I was handed a bottle and told to pee in it.  Perhaps TMI, but I was unable to as I had gone before I left home.  I told the one who I already didn't like, that I couldn't do this.  She said drink some water and try again - the Dr. won't see you until you do.  WTF??

Again, no success and they told me to just sit down and drink water until I could go.  I said I was not going to sit there any longer as I had already been there over 45 minutes.  The Dr. then appeared and said that I could stay as long as necessary or come back later... :wacko:  I said I would not do this and also told her about the treatment when I first arrived and she got that I was not happy.  (In fact, I was becoming livid! :angry:)

She then said that I wasn't a good fit for her office and she would give me other names for me to check out.  I told her that I already had the names of other Dr.s and was leaving.  I was furious at this point and slammed the door of the inner office and slammed the door as I left the office. (2 slams!)

I can only attribute this to the rage that I felt only once when off the crap for a couple of months.  At this point, I will forget about a Pain Management Dr. and just guts it all out. 

Thanks for listening - just had to do that!!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

I was wondering how it had went TFL. Sounds like a typical visit to a new dr.  Glad to hear that you have a sharp sense of justice!!  lol

Ahhhh, medicine, the art of apathy. You know what they say....Just try try again!!

Hang in there girl.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

Thanks, FH!

BTW, have you found a new Dr. to train yet?  This is certainly a lesson in futility! :(

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

Oh TFL how very frustrating for you.

They could have told you that you would need to give a urine sample at the office.

Of course they all think that we are druggies looking for drugs to get high on or sell and never seem to get past that attitude. You would think that the doc could have seen you for an initial visit and had you do a sample at the end of the visit or beginning of the next visit.

There are a few of the office people at one of my doctor's office that can look right through you but it seems that they each have their own jobs and can't or won't do each others job. Frustrating when standing for any length of time is painful for me.

I know that I can get angry about things much easier than I ever did before Cymbalta and have lingering rage issues. Mostly I can keep it in check but sometimes it comes out like it did for you today. I definitely think it is a lingering side effect of the Cymbalta withdrawals.

Well you have learned something about going to a pain management doctor so the next one should go smoother and remember not to pee before leaving home next time :wacko:

Take care of you and be well

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

Yes I have TFL and the first battle is next wed.!!!

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

Good luck with your appointment fishinghat

#7 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

Sheesh, TFL ... you went there for help managing the pain you've got ... and you end up being given even more pain, and sent away ... :angry:

You did nothing "wrong" ... zip/nada... it was a justifiable reaction to lousy treatment at the front desk .... any chance this doc is listed on "Yelp" (the social media thingy where businesses can advertise and customers can comment on service) ? If so, go ahead and post a doozy of a comment, and give her -0- stars ... if you'd like me to do it for you, just PM me the specifics ... I'd be happy to throw a fire bomb on your behalf   :ph34r:

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

PS ... did you pee when you got home?   you should send it to her via FedEx ....  hehehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users