#1 angelbutterfly

angelbutterfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    withdrawl symtoms

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

I am withdrawing from cymbalta and I am very concerned because I am stuttering my words and slurring when I talk.You would think I was drunk..
Anybody else experience this speech problem? Should I see my doctor. I have never stuttered or slurred my speech in my life. Is this a withdrawl symptom?

Please help I need to know I'm not alone.

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:42 AM

Hi,
I have never stuttered, but have had much difficulty with my talking while I have been on Cymbalta.
You do need to call your doctor right away. Anytime you have a reaction on any medication you
neeed to call the doctor, and telll them.

Debbie

#3 shoshee10

shoshee10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I was forcibly removed from my Cymbalta by my insurance company, and although my therapist assures me I am not going crazy, I would like some additional support

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

I'm having this problem, too. However, I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and whenever I am under-medicated I stutter. Not words specifically, but more like my whole sentences. I just have a very difficult time finding the words I want. However, you should definately let your dr. know about this. My doctor is very aware of this issue with me.

Leslie

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi,
Please Please go to the site that someone was so WONDERFUL to find for all of us, and put up.
I went there, and it had everything I have read here, you will find the speech slurrimg is not abnormal! I even found out that the shocking I am having in my teeth is a withdrawl symptom! I also found one that someone had asked about just all of a sudden laughing for no reason at all, it's there too!

Here is the Life , or Mind Saver Site

http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

If you really want to know all the side effects you will find them here.

Good luck, and everything that is happening to you right now is due to the withdrawls, your not crazy. It even talks about that as being one of the symptoms. I am so grateful she put that up here for us, and tht I read it.

I also took it to my doc today, amd gave him a copy, and told him about the site, and what we are all going throug. He is going to look up lots more information on this.

We used to work together, I was a nurse before I got ruined by a back surgery 3 years ago, and we were talking about Paxil, and how awful that was to get off of. I had taken it years
ago, and got electrical shocks in my head. That ended up being one of the brutal side effects of just being on it. He thinks from just talking to me that this is another one like that, but I told him way worse. He also trusts me, andmy opinion as he knew what kind of a nurse I was. I also worked phych for years, and I know the ones that are hell, this one I didn't know about, I wish Iowuld have!!!

Debbie

#5 Strekoza

Strekoza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have the same issue - getting off of cymbalta.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:40 AM

I've been on 60 mg for 4 years and decided to get off cold turkey. Today is my 3d day. I am throwing up and running to the bathroom after every meal. I am slurring a bit too. I have a headache and constant nousea. I know I was supposed to get off gradually, but I have a week off, and this is convenient - no one at work will see me like this. I am very concerned about becoming edgy, especially at work, because a co-worker tried to get off her ridoline gradually, and this formarly agreeable and sweet woman became much less pleasant, believe me, although she explained everything away in the context of her circumstances. I did not see it that way, and now on my first day off cymbalta I announced to my husband that I am divorcing him, but I am not completely sure if I did this because of withdrawal or for real. Intellectually I understand that I am not coherent at the moment, but this feels very real. About 10 years ago I was on some other antidepressant and also came off cold turkey. I don't remember if it was very unpleasant, but I do remember that I was able to pull it off. Cymbalta , and the other pill before, (I don't remember the name) also gave me terrible cold night sweats. These are gone now - disappeared immediately after I stopped taking cymbalta. So... hang in there with the slurring. I think it will go away, although I am sure everyone's reaction is completely individual. I wonder if it's a good idea to be off these medications in general - I know that life will be much more difficult to experience now, and I know that my husband likes me better on the pill, but my 15 year old son said that if getting off some pill for good means that his mom will be bitchy, he would rather put up wih this, then have me poison myself. Not my hubby's take, though. Makes you wonder....

#6 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:45 AM

When I first was trying to get off this noxious stuff day 3 was not bad, but as time went by, and by day 6 the nightmares, and not sleeping, sweating, anxiety, oh so many more terrible things I just couldn't do it.

My doc said to just go back on the normal dose. It all went away within a few hours, and then by the next day I was normal, well a slug still.

Please check out the site for withdrawls http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Don't be to hard on yourself if you can't do this cold turkey.

Debbie

check out youtube depression hurts cymbalta hurts worse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users