Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

Thought I'd give it a try. I'm sick of not getting enough sleep. I've heard it is very good. What experiences have others here had?

Thanks

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

Junior:

I am trying melotonin at night and also a combo of potassium and magnesium (natural muscle relaxant). The issues I have with supplements, they are natural so they take a while. I don't know how it is working??? But, better organic or supplement than Cymbalta...in my opinion....after my Cymbalta coma days. Sorry, I'm just no help here.

Houdi

#3 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

It was helping me sleep some.I was taking 3 mg a day of melatonin and then doc had me take elavil, with sleep as a side effect I wanted. did it for five days (all I could take, side effects and third time), and had to stop. Sleep probs worse and swelling in feet. Increased the melatonin to 6 mg, after stopping the elavil. swelling wouldnt go down. Little balloons left and right of ankles.Feet hurt, and sides started swelling. Ceased all supps. Sleeeeeep bad. Swelling going down. Reintroduced one days melatonin, swelling up. Ceased again and swelling down. NOBODY almost ( cept me, evidently, and buddy do i feel alone and special, bad special) has a sensitivity to MELATONIN and it helped some. WHY Me! Ive sensitivities to everything, with this fibro! Cant take anything and Cymbalta has me feeling permanetly damaged.This is life!??? They can have it, dog gone it! Just venting, Im tired and dejected. Natural friggin response to all this crap, Im NOT CLINICALLY DEPRESSED< I know the diff. Mystic
Antideppressants, Im realizin make me depressed.

#4 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

mystic,

I just saw my Neurologist and told him I was taking Melatonin. He was VERY AGAINST it. His reaction really surprised me. I told him I thought it was natural, something your body normally produces. (When I was doing a lot of traveling, I took it to help me sleep on long flights) Anyway, he said not to take it. He had several patients in the past that had extremely bad reactions. I refuse to take any more medications. Once I am completely over these cymbalta withdrawals, he will begin weaning me off of Neurontin, so he won't prescribe any type of sleeping pill. He recommended regular old Benedryl. I started taking it and the last couple of nights I finally did get some extended hours of sleep. Just though I would let you know.

B

#5 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

mystic,

I just saw my Neurologist and told him I was taking Melatonin. He was VERY AGAINST it. His reaction really surprised me. I told him I thought it was natural, something your body normally produces. (When I was doing a lot of traveling, I took it to help me sleep on long flights) Anyway, he said not to take it. He had several patients in the past that had extremely bad reactions. I refuse to take any more medications. Once I am completely over these cymbalta withdrawals, he will begin weaning me off of Neurontin, so he won't prescribe any type of sleeping pill. He recommended regular old Benedryl. I started taking it and the last couple of nights I finally did get some extended hours of sleep. Just though I would let you know.

B

WoW WowWow, I thought I was being super strange again and I just wanta be miserable like everybody else:), no special stuff anymore. Thanks Barney! Thought it was mighty strange. It did help some, but I dont want the frigging swollen painful feet, too. Im startin to go yer way. Ive fibro and chronic fatigue. theres gotta be a better way than the crap they have us shovin down our throats. Mystic

Just left you a shout out on another page.

#6 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

mystic,

I also have fibro along with CFS & chronic daily headaches. I've had a long talk with my neurologist. I am so so thankful to have him as my doc. He is helping get off the meds (as much as I can) and also steering me toward homeopath docs. I just saw him last Wed. He spent over an hour w/me, going over my list of ?'s & concerns. I am very afraid of permanent damage, especially liver. He sent me for blood tests.....he had them draw blood for just about every test there is (the staff were like "oh, you poor thing". They filled 8 or 9 tubes! First time I actually got lightheaded when sitting having my blood drawn. Anyway, he is determined to get to the bottom of what is wrong with me (started in 2003). He is thinking about sending me back to Mayo for additional tests. We'll see. Last time insurance screwed us on that. We did our due diligence and ins. said Mayo was approved. Then after the fact, they denied the bill. Fought a losing battle & just over the summer paid it off. Anyway, I am finally beginning to feel better. It has been one month today since my last dose of Cymbalta. I still have alot of the symptoms, just more mild. There is hope !! I can finally say I do see the light at the end of this tunnel!!!
B

#7 arteest

arteest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    My doctor put me on Cymbalta for body pain and anxiety. I've only been on it since May.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

Hi guys... I just wanted to add a little bit to the Melatonin chat. Before I was on Cymbalta my naturopath put me on a spray Melatonin. It really helped me go to sleep. However, I began to get a little bummed out and as it turns out, Melatonin can bring on depression to those prone to it. I still use it but I'm careful with it. As long as I don't take it every night and don't use a lot, I'm OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users