2 replies to this topic

#1 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Throughout this process, I've had a lot of trouble with my legs. At first it was quite a bit of pain in my thighs, and shakiness, even tremors. Since then, pain and weakness has been in my thighs to some degree except for 2 or 3 random days where my legs suddenly felt fine.

This week, my legs feel worse. I have stiffness that is worst in my inner thighs, and the backs of my upper thighs. I have a tremor in my leg when I'm driving (when my foot is on the brake pedal), and it's hard for me to walk or stand. My legs feel so weak and shaky I can't stay standing for more than a few minutes. I am hoping this is just part of the "wave" I've been in recently. Any thoughts?

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Ramona,

I have also had problems with my legs but not to the degree that you describe.  First, I have Restless Leg Syndrome which started in my mid 40's and I have a med for that. 

I do find that I have trouble standing for long periods of time and grocery shopping totally does me in. I can hardly walk when I get home.  I have found nothing in particular that causes this - it just happens and has been getting worse.

I do get a deep tissue massage weekly as I have fibro and I find that this helps some. I also take Hydrocodone which I am not proud of, but must do something for pain.

I wish I could help you more, but I am going the first week in June to find out about acupuncture treatments which may or may not help.  I'm sorry I have no more information for you.

Liz 

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

Ramona. that sure sounds like adrenaline overload. Does the worse symptoms occur later in the day and when you are more anxious/

Cymbalta affected your nerves in your extremities. It could just be part of the withdrawal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users