• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LpurpleGurl

LpurpleGurl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

I have this weird feeling where when I move my head or eyes, I hear a Woosh noise. Its annoying. My vision is blurried, I have a bad headache. Is that a brain zap?

What can I take to help? :(

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

LPG

Hi.

The woosh, blurred vision, and headache are par for the course. None of these, however, is a brain zap. The brain zap is an electric-like snap (sometimes accompanied by the sensation of a flash inside your brain) that zaps through the centre of your brain, more or less from ear to ear. It is disturbing at first, but you get used to them; brain zaps are uncomfortable but not really painful.

During withdrawal zaps are often brought on by turning the head, and the zap itself may you cause you to turn your head further, or you may rotate your whole body a quarter turn during the zap.

They may last a week or two with multiple occurrences each day. They are thought to be harmless, but there is no hard science on this phenomenon.

Thankfully, brain zaps go away.

It should be noted that ultra-long weaning regimens (a year or more), yield few to no withdrawal symptoms at all.

Take care.

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:00 AM

I found that taking Omega 3 really helped with those swoosh sensations and brain zaps and staying well hydrated so drink lots of water.

Omega 3 should be taken 3000-4000mg per day usually 1000mg with each meal and if not having a snack in the evening then take 1000 or 2000mg with your largest meal.

Hope that helped.

Take care of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users